MIDAS Console Feature Requests

1. #221 by Chris Hawkins on 07-02-2018

ProX Remote Server Auto-Start on Power-Up

Would love the option for the ProX's remote server for iPad to "start" when I power up the console. I have sticky notes and reminders in the show file to turn on the remote. - but it gets skipped until musician says "is the remote on?"

Seems like it wouldn't hurt to have it auto-start. There are probably scenarios when you don't want that remote server to kick on but for my install, it would help.

Thanks for the consideration.
  2. #222 by Dave Backschies on 07-03-2018

Allow more than 7 devices to be connected to M32

The current limitation of 7 connected devices (to avoid OSC: Subscription Count Overflow error) is a major problem for bands that are all in-ear monitor users. I regularly with 2 bands that have 8 members (and I mix from iPad) with all using in-ear monitors. The current limitation of connected devices makes the M32 a not very good fit for larger bands with in-ears.
  3. #223 by Brian Klock on 07-30-2018

FX DSP Budget

I wish it were possible to allocate a DSP budget for FX assignment. I understand that the idea with limiting some FX to slots 1 through 4 is that certain FX need more CPU.
    But I would gladly give up1, 2 or 3 FX slots in banks 5-8... literally turn them off, if I could just get a Combinator to insert in one of my busses.
  4. #224 by Craig Fowler on 07-30-2018
    You know you can set FX1-4 to act as inserts instead of side-chains, set them up as Combinators, and insert them across whatever channel\bus you want...
  5. #225 by Paul Vannatto on 07-30-2018
    Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. Which Midas console are you referring to?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  6. #226 by Brian Klock on 07-31-2018
    Sorry... I have an M32.

Also have two X32Rs, and two SD16s, and an array of P16s... but those aren't specifically related to this question. However the same question would apply to my X32Rs

I almost always have 4 FX slots loaded with delay, two reverbs, and a modulation effect. Currently am not using 5-8 as I don't need any extra EQ besides what is offered. Mostly happy with channel/buss dynamics processing.
    I would gladly trade multiple FX slots for one multi-band compressor to insert on my buss.

Thanks

- Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. Which Midas console are you referring to?
  7. #227 by Brian Klock on 07-31-2018
    I know that. My point is that I am already allocating my first four FX assignments to aux sends, and I use those delays, reverbs, and modulation effects heavily in my productions.

What I would like is a multiband compressor to insert on my buss that could be allocated to FX5. I don't need 4 graphic EQs or amp simulators. I am currently not using FX5-8. I would think that a single instance of Combinator would take less DSP processing than 4 instances of dual M/S Fair Compressors.

I would use some of those Fair and Leisure Compressors, but they lack a mix option... and I much prefer to have parallel comnpression than straight compression.

- Craig Fowler wrote View Post
    You know you can set FX1-4 to act as inserts instead of side-chains, set them up as Combinators, and insert them across whatever channel\bus you want...
  8. #228 by Richard Koenig on 3 Weeks Ago

Mr18 in/out delay

Please add this future
  9. #229 by Hyrum Summerhays on 2 Weeks Ago

MR18 Output Delay

- Richard Koenig wrote View Post
    Please add this future
    +1 for me on this. Please add output delay to MR18 for speaker time alignment. I am sure they already sell like hotcakes, this would only open the floodgates that much more. A quick google search finds lots of people hungry for this on both MR and X Air platforms. I assume software/firmware is developed in 100% synchronicity for these?

Thanks for the cool products and doing what you can to listen to your customers.
  10. #230 by Richard Boateng on 2 Weeks Ago

Low Cut on LR, Matrix and MC outputs

I would like to see Low Cut feature on LR, MC and Matrix outputs.

Thanks,
    RIchard