XR18 No Time Delay

1. #21 by Donald McNany on 08-21-2016
    To save needed memory, I should think that having the option to delay only two Aux outs would more than suffice for an XR18 size mixer. You need some Aux outs for monitors anyways. The delay Aux Outs could be selectable and set up via the routing section.
  2. #22 by Steve Walker on 08-21-2016
    - Donald McNany wrote View Post
    To save needed memory, I should think that having the option to delay only two Aux outs would more than suffice for an XR18 size mixer. You need some Aux outs for monitors anyways. The delay Aux Outs could be selectable and set up via the routing section.
    You assume there is a need to "save needed memory"?

Behringer's hardware/software engineers have the schematics and know the memory utilization and software design of the XR18.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is already on Behringer's long list of requests.
  3. #23 by Stephen Hale on 08-22-2016
    - Abraham Ray wrote View Post
    You totally can, I just tried it today, stereo delay, mix 100%, Feed 0%, delay time matched, offset equal, insert on bus, go... The only problem is that the resolution on the virtual knob is difficult to adjust in the low (0-50ms) range, where a lot of people will want to use it on a mixer like this.

Agreed. I did this yesterday for a show. It works quite nicely (though it does eat up your INSERT).

-Stephen
  4. #24 by Eric Carney on 08-23-2016

My two cents

In the first place I'm very curious to know if anyone has confirmed the rumor that the x32 and xr series are built on the same chipset. It makes sense that a company would mass produce to save money. Computer companies have been throttling video cards, ram, routers and even motherboards to release lower end products that are based on the same exact hardware for years.

Still love what the XR18 can do and deeply regret not buying the X32 for usability and expand ability but I bought it as soon as I had the chance and was unaware I would be unable to delay an output in feet/meters. I don't want to grab a calc. I'm comfortable doing it buy ear but need it roughed in first for efficiency.

I have used the stereo delay to accomplish time alignment. It's extremely annoying. It Doesn't seem to recall correctly from the android or pc platform and sometimes loses settings while paging around in the same console state. I can't use that in a live environment. My delays are almost always a mono send so If I delay 4 small speakers down a long banquet hall I now have to dig out at least an out board lexicon for reverb and have no fx slots to spare to boot it doesn't even work right.

In response to people talking about memory constraints. You have wildly different algorithms running based on what effects you choose. It would seem obvious to me that there is more than enough to accomplish delaying 8 outputs. Let me shut off the dan dougan automix and have access to the delays. I've used the hardware its based on and wasn't impressed. I might use it if I felt like being lazy if I had a panel but if that was the case I probably wouldn't be in an environment where I needed delays.

Hoping behringer hooks us up with this one but at least this topic lets people see what you can't do. If you guys are having luck with IOS MAC I'm not having the same success reliably on pc android. In other words if you spend the time 'time aligning' your room don't expect it to stay there after you've dug around in menus for something else.
  5. #25 by Tony Evert on 06-11-2018

How to precisely set the delay time

- Abraham Ray wrote View Post
    I saw that, it is still not easy to fine adjust, say if you want 17ms, it will jump from 12-25 pretty easily, since the range is 3000, so it takes some trial and error to dial in exactly where you want it. It would be nice to have the "Fine" feature that appears on the Main View in the android app show up at every page, so you could fine tune some of the effects, etc...
    One way to set this precisely this value is to do the following (tested this in Windows X AIR Edit):
    1. Set the Stereo time Delay to 3.0 seconds.
    2. Click the Save button on the Stereo Delay FX Rack. (The preset settings are saved in a text file in the location you choose on your hard drive.)
    3. Open this file in notepad or a text editor and change the 3000 to the delay value to what you want in ms.
    4. Save the modified file, and load it in the preset rack.

6. #26 by Richard YClark on 06-12-2018
    Good find.
  7. #27 by Robert Lofgren on 06-12-2018
    Or just use the ‘dual pitch’ fx for more granular control.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  8. #28 by Tony Evert on 06-12-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    Or just use the ‘dual pitch’ fx for more granular control.
    Does the "dual pitch" fx still have ~40ms of latency built in even when the delay is 0ms?
  9. #29 by Robert Lofgren on 06-12-2018
    If my memory serves me any latency is for the pitching so no pitch shift ought to be nearly latency free. I need to verify this to be absolutely sure...

- Tony Evert wrote View Post
    Does the "dual pitch" fx still have ~40ms of latency built in even when the delay is 0ms?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator