Loading Scenes by using X32 Edit from my laptop doesn't work

1. #1 by Jonathan Beocanin on 1 Week Ago

Loading Scenes by using X32 Edit from my laptop doesn't work

Hi guys,

this is my first post ever on musictribe.com. Hopefully I do not make too many mistakes.

My problem is that I can't load Scenes by using X32 Edit on my X32 and my X32Core from my laptop.

X32 FW 3.09
    X32 Edit 3.2 for Linux

The X32 and the laptop are connected to a router by their lan-ports. Everything is working very well incl. loading Scenes direct from the mixer by using the "Scenes" button and than load in X32 Edit.

Also if I am using Save/Save as Scene a *scn-file with ~63kB is created (see the Attachment). But if I try to load this created file from my laptop, nothing happen.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to say, that it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work. I can not reproduc the error.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Last edited by Jonathan Beocanin; 1 Week Ago at 08:04 AM.
  2. #2 by Richard YClark on 1 Week Ago
    Loads OK into my Win 10 desktop PC.
  3. #3 by Jonathan Beocanin on 1 Week Ago
    Hi sorry, I forgot to say. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 1 Week Ago
    Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum. If you are trying to load the scene file from the front USB port on the X32 Core, it won't work, due to a bug that was never fixed. And unfortunately the X32 Core has been discontinued. So the solution to load scene files is to do it using either the X32-Edit or one of Patrick's apps (found here). The X32SetScene app will do just that.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Jonathan Beocanin on 1 Week Ago
    HI guys, you gave me the decisive idea. I tried my own *.scn files without to be connected to any mixer and the files worked fine. But connected to any mixer no files worked anymore.

Now I load the files offline and only then do I connect to the mixer and synchronize from PC to mixer. Works perfect.

Thx a lot guys. Can someone close this topic? It is solved.