Switching VoiceLive 3effects via MIDI footcontroller

1. #1 by Harrmut Hillmann on 1 Week Ago

Switching VoiceLive 3effects via MIDI footcontroller

I want to control my VL3Extreme with an iOn G-Board footcontroller, which can send CC messages. I hooked both the VL3 (via USB) and the G-Bard to my MacBook Pro (2015, latest Mojave 10.14.2). Both decives are set to MIDI channel 1. From the VL3 Manual I got the CC numbers for switching on/off different guitar/voice effects. But it des not work.
    Tried to connect the G-Board out to the VL3 in in the Mac's Audio MIDI setup app, dragging the virtual cable with the mouse. Does not work. Please help!
  2. #2 by Dennis Dubeau on 1 Week Ago

Midi input type

- Harrmut Hillmann wrote View Post
    I want to control my VL3Extreme with an iOn G-Board footcontroller, which can send CC messages. I hooked both the VL3 (via USB) and the G-Bard to my MacBook Pro (2015, latest Mojave 10.14.2). Both decives are set to MIDI channel 1. From the VL3 Manual I got the CC numbers for switching on/off different guitar/voice effects. But it des not work.
    Tried to connect the G-Board out to the VL3 in in the Mac's Audio MIDI setup app, dragging the virtual cable with the mouse. Does not work. Please help!
    .. Make sure your MIDI input is from USB at it can also defined with the MIDI 5 pins input.. both being mutually exclusive.
  3. #3 by Harrmut Hillmann on 1 Week Ago

MIDI settings of VL3 are correct

- Dennis Dubeau wrote View Post
    .. Make sure your MIDI input is from USB at it can also defined with the MIDI 5 pins input.. both being mutually exclusive.
    Yes, the VL3 MIDi settings are set to USB, all filters off, channel on both devices set to 1.