M32 signal on group from channels not in group

1. #1 by Jason Browne on 2 Weeks Ago

M32 signal on group from channels not in group

got an M32, with a VCA group that started showing a strong signal from 2 wireless mic channels that are not in that group.

had the board over a year, and the mics for longer - never seen this before.

ideas ?
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi Jason,

I would suggest that you upload your scene file so that we can have a better look. Here are the instructions

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Jason Browne on 1 Week Ago
    I just got a chance to get to the board and export the scn file.

The VCA is # 8 (closest to MAIN)

the wireless mic channels are #18 & #19

also, today I noticed the signal showing on the VCA with a diff set of channels, keyboard & grand piano #9 & #10
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 1 Week Ago
    Hi Jason,

Those signals are going through bus 7 (Tonya Ears). Since bus 7 is also assigned to DCA 8 (M32 and X32 call them DCA not VCA) the DCA meters will show those signals (even though signals do not go through the DCA). Remove the bus 7 assignment to DCA 8 and you should be good to go.

Last edited by Paul Vannatto; 1 Week Ago at 07:10 PM. Reason: further clarified what was happening
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Jason Browne on 1 Week Ago
    that was it. I think I know why someone would have done this, but of course it's not correct use of the DCA for our situation.

thanks for helping me solve it.