MR18 Network Question

1. #1 by Steve Burks on 3 Weeks Ago

MR18 Network Question

I have recently purchased an MR18 mixer and have been watching YouTube videos to better understand how to connect an iPad and mac book to the MR18. I have decided to use a Netgear N600 router connected to the Ethernet port. I have that working wireless with both mac book and iPad. One of the YouTube videos showed a configuration showing a network switch connected to the MR18 and then the mac book and router connected to the switch. Is there anyway to just connected the router to the MR18 and the mac book to one of the router ports?
    Thanks for any advice.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 3 Weeks Ago
    - Steve Burks wrote View Post
    Is there anyway to just connected the router to the MR18 and the mac book to one of the router ports?
    Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Yes that router has a 4 port switch built into it. Simply plug the MacBook into one of the ports (not they WAN yellow port).

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Steve Burks on 3 Weeks Ago
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Yes that router has a 4 port switch built into it. Simply plug the MacBook into one of the ports (not they WAN yellow port).
    Thanks Paul. I couldn’t understand the advantage unless it was to completely create two separate connections to the mixer’s Ethernet port.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 3 Weeks Ago
    - Steve Burks wrote View Post
    I couldn’t understand the advantage unless it was to completely create two separate connections to the mixer’s Ethernet port.
    It could be because they needed to connect more ethernet devices to the MR18, such as a laptop, Raspberry Pi, X-Touch, etc. Since you shouldn't use the WAN port (I put electrical tape over mine) and one port is needed for the console, that only leaves 3 additional ports for control devices. Adding a switch expands the port numbers.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator