Getting sound both sides

1. #11 by Ron Cox on 3 Weeks Ago
    So apparently Mark, To get the user friendly "manage attachments" Box one has to click on the edit button ( twice) to open it. Who new!

"The older I get..the better I was"
  2. #12 by Ron Cox on 3 Weeks Ago
    With this configuration, how is a L/R signal sent through the USB from any one input, to a Stand alone program Like EZmix that has no internal R/L configurations?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Last edited by Ron Cox; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:04 AM.
  3. #13 by Thomas Alexander on 3 Weeks Ago
    It's my (rather limited) understanding that each input is mono. For stereo (L&R) use two ins/outs.
  4. #14 by Ron Cox on 3 Weeks Ago
    Great Thomas.

How exactly would that be done with the U-Phoria 404? I'll attach a image of the EZmix interface showing the unbalanced input signal. I've already previously attached the signal flow , or path of the 404.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. #15 by Thomas Alexander on 3 Weeks Ago
    Ron,

I really don't know anything about EZmix and so have no experience with it. More information is needed. It would be helpful I think to know exactly what you are trying to achieve. What are you plugging in? Are you trying to output through the 404s main outs, headphones or what?
  6. #16 by Ron Cox on 2 Weeks Ago
    Thomas I really don't either. I have only a demo version. To evaluate it prior to purchase. However if this is normal I'm not impressed. Thomas, I don't really know what you are familiar with. I was hoping someone with both A Behringer 404, and EZmix would chime in.

To break it down it goes like this; I plug my guitar into input 1 of the 404 (with current driver Ver. 4.38.0) I set the necessary settings on the 404 for my preferences.. PAD, Mix, ect. I connect my Sennheiser 280 head phones to the 404's earphone jack. The 404 is connected to My CPU through the USB to a USB 2.0 connector on the PCU (no Hub). I then click to open the EZmix stand alone version shortcut on my windows 10 (ver. 1809)desktop. It opens, and I select the in/out 1/2 options. I then select the guitar options to again select say,,,an amp with lots of distortion...the distorted effect only can be heard in the left ear.

That's pretty much as simple as it gets. Pretty distracting to try and jam along to any jam tracks with the main guitar sound in one ear only. Maybe I'm not getting the purpose of, or intentions of EZmix. Not sure why have a standalone version if it is not capable of this.

I have line6 POD farm, and Guitar Rig 5 Pro they both do not have this trait. Both deliver fx in both sides (or in my case ears!).

Last edited by Ron Cox; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:12 AM.
  7. #17 by Thomas Alexander on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi Ron,

So I went ahead and downloaded the demo. I plugged my bass guitar and headphones into my UMC404HD, did a quick audio setup in EZMix2 and heard sound coming from the left side while playing the bass. When I switched the stereo/mono switch to MONO, I was able to hear from both left and right. With these devices there is a certain logic, and the guitar is mono, so you got a mono output. When mono is selected, the 404 sums the signal equally to both sides. Interestingly, if you move the mix knob full clockwise you'll also hear output on both sides. It's a shame we only have a quick start guide for a manual, because I believe the hardware is very good. I recommend you research and spend time with the 404 to become more intimate with it's capabilities.

-Tom
  8. #18 by Ron Cox on 2 Weeks Ago
    Thank you so much Thomas.

I thank I have gotten it sorted out. Your right, maybe too many new things at once for me.

New audio interface...new plug!

Ron