Midi-out / Sysex

1. #1 by Hans van Outvorst on 12-09-2018

Midi-out / Sysex

Hello,

Does anyone know if the M32R sends sysex instructions via midi-out if a channel-mute button is pressed and released? It would mean a nice feature if this is happening because than I can record this sysex in my DAW.

Regards,
    Hans
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 12-09-2018
    Hi Hans,

As far as I know, the M32R (or any M32 or X32 for that matter) never sends out sysex messages. The only involvement with sysex that is documented is the OSC via sysex (see this) - even though this is X-Air related, it also is applicable with the X32 and M32).

Please understand that the M32 (and X32) is not a midi engine. It's mother tongue (so to speak) is OSC, not midi, and is therefore very limited to the midi features available. If you want to interface the M32 with a DAW, try using Reaper (which is OSC compatible) and Patrick's X32Reaper.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator