Do you use the iQ-speaker modelling?

1. #1 by Robert Lofgren on 12-07-2018

Do you use the iQ-speaker modelling?

I was recently visiting behringers HQ in Germany and had the best of times.

One of the questions they asked me was if I knew how many users of the iQ-speakers were using the builtin speaker modelling.

I have fiddled around with it myself and while I liked what I heard I opted for the original sound, except for my home stereo where I opted for the meyer model.

Does any of you use the iQ-speaker modelling on a regular basis or do you just leave it as it is?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  2. #2 by Gary Higgins on 12-07-2018
    I do not use the speaker modeling or any dsp. Speaker as is and flat eq. Not saying itís no good, just donít use it. My general feeling is if I wanted the emulated speaker I would just buy it. Emulate and (probably) not quite make the grade. Besides I wouldnít really know how most of them sounded anyway. Sounds like fun in Germany! Get a peek at the next greatest thing?
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 12-07-2018
    - Gary Higgins wrote View Post
    I do not use the speaker modeling or any dsp. Speaker as is and flat eq. Not saying itís no good, just donít use it. My general feeling is if I wanted the emulated speaker I would just buy it. Emulate and (probably) not quite make the grade. Besides I wouldnít really know how most of them sounded anyway.
    Did you try them just for fun to see what the noise was about.

Sounds like fun in Germany! Get a peek at the next greatest thing?
    Iíd have to kill you if I told you .

Most things are done with computers nowadays so itís not like they have a ton of gear lying around I did see the Air-Link though, but that is old news now. They probably have some more cool stuff in a locked room somewhere. I was mostly focused on the german beer and bratwurst anyway

They had a small Ďmuseumí of old berry stuff and I was able to play an old behringer bass that never came to market!

This was just a social visit to meet with the guys in person. That was more than I could have asked for.

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
  4. #4 by Gary Higgins on 12-07-2018
    I did play with them a bit a long while ago but can't remember what I tried. I do remember thinking..well if that's how they sound, no thanks. To be fair I have not really kicked the tires that much so I shouldn't be too critical. I do like the IQ's for IQ's sake though.

Sounds like a very cool trip and a good time. I'm sure the super cool future pieces are DEEP under wraps. As an aside I happened to run across a Midas Heritage-D user group that seemed to be based on a mixer that doesn't exist! I remember the rumor. The people are hungry!!
  5. #5 by Paul Vannatto on 12-07-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    Does any of you use the iQ-speaker modelling on a regular basis or do you just leave it as it is?
    Well, since they don't include any Carvin modelling, I leave them as is.

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto