Difference with recorder icon

1. #1 by Gary Higgins on 10-29-2018

Difference with recorder icon

Minor but peculiar issue between X32 and M32 Edit noted with regard to the recorder icon AND the default recorder using an X-Live. With X32-Edit, at least with my setup, the recorder icon is a visual of a cassette recorder. When you select it, it goes right to the 2 track usb recorder, you then have to select the SD recorder to get to use it-makes for 2 steps, essentially the 2 track usb recorder is the default. With M32-Edit the icon is that of a Reel to Reel deck and the SD recorder becomes the default, to use the usb recorder you have to then select it. AFAICT there is no Reel to Reel icon for X32-Edit at all. There is no Cassette icon for M32-Edit at all. Just strange not only icon wise but the fact that the usb recorder is the default in one but not the other. See attachments below.

BTW I am using X32-Edit and M32-Edit 3.2 and firmware 3.08. It is not Core related either (what I initially thought) It does the same using my Rack also with the latest firmware and same 3.2 versions of the Edit programs. Both have an X-Live card in. I prefer M32-Edit in general but use both when using dual monitors.

EDIT: Maybe should move this to bug reports (or possible bug report)...I probably should have posted there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Gary Higgins; 10-29-2018 at 07:27 AM.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 10-29-2018
    So if they added an Edison wax cylinder or the RCA gramophone and dog icon, would that fix it?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Luc Henrion on 10-29-2018
    For the price difference between an M32 and an X32, you'd expect a high quality reel-to-reel recorder, not a cassette recorder, that seems logical to me
  4. #4 by Gary Higgins on 10-30-2018
    OK in case anyone ever checks this thread, I have since discovered (of course looking to do some other chore) you CAN change the default action of the recorder and its icon on the setup/GUI page of both X32 and M32 edit. Takes care of my (little) issue.

Ok Ok Ok I deserve that BUT honestly it's not so much what the icon IS (I'll take the RCA dog one please!) but that the default action is to send you to the type recorder which more or less seems to match up with the icon-yet no option to change the recorder that shows up first. For the X32 version you are brought directly to the on board 2 track that's been around forever. On the M32 version you are sent directly to the SD card version. If you happen to do recording to both a DAW and the SD card at the same time with X32-Edit, that extra step of having to then select the SD recorder to hit record start or stop is a bit of a pain. A very little pain I freely admit. I don't expect an emergency meeting of the app team to address it anytime soon

Last edited by Gary Higgins; 27 Minutes Ago at 03:11 AM.
  5. #5 by Vasco Romijn on 10-30-2018
    Where is the like button for those two great responses on this topic question