XR-18 ASIO driver does not install all line input/output

1. #1 by Salvatore Menale on 10-23-2018

XR-18 ASIO driver does not install all line input/output

I have just installed Behringer ASIO XAir driver v4.38 in Windows 10 pro x64.
    Opening audio settings I found only Line Out 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 and the same for Line In (see pictures).
    What about Line 9-10, ..., 15-16, 17-18?
    In DAW I see all 18 devices instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 10-23-2018
    Hi Salvatore,

That is because Windows (and its apps like Skype, etc.) does not recognize the ASIO driver. What you are seeing is probably the WASAPI or WDM (built in) driver which is limited to 4 stereo pairs. The app itself (such as many DAWS like Reaper, etc.) have to be ASIO compatible.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Salvatore Menale on 10-23-2018
    Thank you, Paul.
    I supposed it was as you said but now I'am certain.
    So I should complain that to Microsoft?
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 10-23-2018
    - Salvatore Menale wrote View Post
    So I should complain that to Microsoft?
    Good luck with that Salvatore. If you do get some action, let me know. I have a list a mile long.

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Kyle Howell on 10-23-2018
    Apparently with this driver the asio setting is not active on install still looking for how to activate.
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 10-23-2018
    - Kyle Howell wrote View Post
    Apparently with this driver the asio setting is not active on install still looking for how to activate.
    Hi Kyle,

ASIO is available immediately after install to any ASIO compatible app, such as Reaper, etc. If the app in question cannot see the ASIO driver, it is probably because it is not ASIO compatible.

Paul Vannatto
  7. #7 by Kyle Howell on 10-23-2018
    I've looked in the driver in windows settings and it shows the asio driver is there but inactive. Previous driver works and shows asio active in the driver in windows settings. The previous driver works as expected while the new driver does not. Others have downloaded asio4all and it shows all available inputs and outputs. This tells me that somehow there should be a way to activate that driver either by behringer or by the user.
  8. #8 by Gary Higgins on 10-24-2018
    With some DAW's (Sonar Platinum in my case) you have to specify which type of driver is used and IF asio, which asio driver AND then which pairs are active. Installing a driver in itself does not make it THE driver for the app. There is a Preference page where you tell it which type (asio, WDM etc etc) to use and then what settings to use, buffers, sample rate etc and THEN select which driver pairs are active. It is possible if you have more than 1 type of device attached to your pc, to have another devices asio pairs be the active ones even if the new driver is listed. You need to uncheck one device and then check the other within the app. Only one asio device can be timming/playback master. Long story short, the DAW usually determines the driver pairs and type driver it uses.
  9. #9 by Paul Vannatto on 10-24-2018
    Is anyone else using Windows 10 seeing this "inactive" status using the latest 4.38 USB driver? I'm sticking to Win7 for as long as I can.

Paul Vannatto
  10. #10 by Gary Higgins on 10-25-2018
    I'm using Win 10 64bit and do not have that issue. (driver inactive)

Last edited by Gary Higgins; 10-25-2018 at 03:11 AM.