KXD15 XLR input

1. #1 by Lee Hough on 10-07-2018

KXD15 XLR input

Hi
    I wondered if the channel 1 XLR input on the KXD15 could be used direct from a mixer or is it specifically tuned for microphones only?
    I usually take 2 keyboards L&R signals into a small behringer mixer and then take the XLR L&R main mixer outs to the amp. As only channel 1 has an XLR would this be ok? I plan on getting 2 KXD15 amps to use as left and right, so one XLR will be going to each. If not I could get an XLR to jack cable instead.

Thanks
    Lee
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 10-07-2018
    I would hesitate to use the xlr input even if it could work. The reason being that the xlr input provides phantom power for condensor mics and this could in some cases kill a mixer output if you are unlucky.

Most mixers nowadays are protected from this type of mishap, but I wouldn’t take any chance if I could avoid it.

Use a xlr-trs cable instead as you’ve already mentioned.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Lee Hough on 10-08-2018
    Hi
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Lee