How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

1. #31 by Kevin Maxwell on 10-27-2018
    - Richard YClark wrote View Post
    I can't really help since so much is dependant on your WiFi router and what computer you are trying to connect to I'm afraid. But I would have thought that network connection info has been published many time before.
    I am sorry I interpreted your "setup correctly" as an indication that there was some trick to it.
  2. #32 by David Barrow on 11-06-2018
    I have a Netgear WNDR4500 router that works perfectly for EVERYTHING else. The X32-Edit software crashes after about 30 minute or so. It also is incompatible with the 3200x1800 display on my Dell XPS13. If I change the screen resolution to 1920x1200, it will at least remember the window locations, but it still crashes. I suspect the crash is related to poor programming, memory leak or some such. I think the window position issue is a separate matter.
  3. #33 by Anthonie Hunter on 11-06-2018
    Can you switch the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and test again?
    I use that resolution all the time, and I never had a crash.
  4. #34 by Paul Vannatto on 11-06-2018
    Hi David,

What version of X32-Edit are you using and which OS? Oddly I don't recall anyone else here reporting that it crashes for them. So I doubt the issue is a programming one.

Are you by chance using an nVidia video driver in your Dell? I do remember reading issues with one of their video cards having issues with the X-USB ASIO driver (something to do with the nVidia sound module in its drivers which had to be disabled).

Last edited by Paul Vannatto; 11-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #35 by Vasco Romijn on 11-07-2018
    - David Barrow wrote View Post
    I suspect the crash is related to poor programming, memory leak or some such.
    I do not believe this because as Paul mention I too think as if this is a combination of what is running on your computer as hard-, software and drivers. The user base is big and I never heard anybody about the problem you describe.

I work with the mixers and software on a daily basis on a HP Probook laptop and never had any crashes with X32-Edit. I use the latest version 3.2 and the mixers are firmware up to date (3.09) but in the past also with the older versions never had crashes.

With computers hard- and software there are so many combinations possible that can cause strange problems.

6. #36 by David Barrow on 11-08-2018
    - Vasco Romijn wrote View Post
    I do not believe this because as Paul mention I too think as if this is a combination of what is running on your computer as hard-, software and drivers. The user base is big and I never heard anybody about the problem you describe.

I work with the mixers and software on a daily basis on a HP Probook laptop and never had any crashes with X32-Edit. I use the latest version 3.2 and the mixers are firmware up to date (3.09) but in the past also with the older versions never had crashes.

With computers hard- and software there are so many combinations possible that can cause strange problems.
    I use the latest software on Windows 10 on a Dell XPS13 w/ 3200x1800 monitor. The problem seems to be unique to the Dell XPS13. It is the only one I have that has the 3200x1800 display.

Last edited by David Barrow; 11-08-2018 at 07:29 PM.
  7. #37 by David Barrow on 1 Week Ago
    Two months have past. No solutions. Very sad.
  8. #38 by Paul Vannatto on 1 Week Ago
    Hi David,

Did you delete the contents of the X32-Edit folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit) where <username> is your login username, then run X32-Edit?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator