How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

1. #1 by David Barrow on 09-27-2018

It sure would be nice if X32-Edit for Windows remembered the screen size and position. Every time I start the program, it comes up partially off the screen and does not remember the way I set it up before. This seems like a no-brainer. Every other program I use remembers the screen position. Is it possible to set this up, so the X32Edit program window comes up the way I previously set it up?
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 09-27-2018
    Hi David,

It remembers where I put it. What version of X32-Edit are you using and what OS?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Richard YClark on 09-27-2018
    No problems here either remembering screen position in either Win 7 or 10, laptop, desktop or tablet.
  4. #4 by Anthonie Hunter on 09-28-2018
    In Windows 10 this file is used:
    c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit\X32Edit.prefs
  5. #5 by David Barrow on 10-24-2018

- Anthonie Hunter wrote View Post
    In Windows 10 this file is used:
    c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit\X32Edit.prefs
    I have a Dell XPS13 with 3200x1800 screen, Windows 10 w/ latest updates. Whenever I start X32 edit the window is the wrong size, off the screen, etc. When I try to resize it, it jumps down to the bottom right corner, then I can resize it to fit the scree. However it does not remember this for the next time I open the window. Is this perhaps a peculiarity to the 4K screen?

Last edited by David Barrow; 10-24-2018 at 10:13 AM.
  6. #6 by Anthonie Hunter on 10-24-2018
    Remove the complete folder c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit
    Than start X32 Edit.
    It will create the same folder with default values.
  7. #7 by David Barrow on 10-24-2018
    - Anthonie Hunter wrote View Post
    Remove the complete folder c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit
    Than start X32 Edit.
    It will create the same folder with default values.
    Sorry, that does not work. It does the same thing. It starts up with part of the window off the screen and then jumps to the bottom right corner when I try to resize it. It takes three or four steps to get it how I want it and then it is all messed up again when I restart X32 Edit. It looks like this program is not compatible with my 4K monitor. This is a big, irritating problem for me. I hope Behringer is able to make this work with 4K monitors. Lots of people have those now.
  8. #8 by Anthonie Hunter on 10-24-2018
    Sorry to hear that.
    It solved my issues, but that was on a HD screen.
    I don't have any 4K screen to test it.
  9. #9 by David Barrow on 10-24-2018
    X32 Edit doesn't even seem to be aware of the windows size or resolution on my 4K screen. When I click on the fullscreen icon (upper right). The window expands far beyond my actual screen size. Between this and X32 Edit window jumping down to the lower right corner whenever I try to resize, is completely maddening. Having this happen at a show could be a disaster.

Last edited by David Barrow; 10-24-2018 at 12:22 PM.
  10. #10 by Vasco Romijn on 10-25-2018
    Tested here on a couple of systems with Windows 10 (font scaling at 100%) and different screens.

#1: 1920x1080 (HD) remembers the layout
    #2: 1920x1200 (WUXGA) remembers the layout
    #3: 2560x1440 (WQHD) remembers the layout

I do not have screens with 4096x2160 (4K) like you do so could not test that but above resolutions remembers the layout just fine. Possible your high screen resolution is the problem. Can you scale it back to one of the above to test if it will work.

Did you set in Windows 10 the font scaling to 100% or is it set to a higher value?
    I know a lot of software have troubles with that font scaling function and will only work correctly when set to 100%.