the tiny sound when trying to erase a loop

1. #1 by Hasan Akkaya on 07-25-2018

the tiny sound when trying to erase a loop

lets say i recorded a perc loop on part A, then recorded a guitar loop on part B. then while the loop on the part A still playing, i want to erase the loop on part B (not playing). when i hold the overdub button to erase loop B, it plays a very short sound, then erases. is there a way to avoid this?
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 08-10-2018
    Hey Hasan,
    Unfortunately no, I don't think you can avoid this. Currently, when you hold down the overdub button to erase your B loop, the VL3 starts playing that loop immediately, then it realizes that you're still holding the button down and performs the erase action. What you're hearing is the short time it takes the VL3 to distinguish between a press and a hold.
    Are you trying to erase your B loop so that you can record a new loop into the B track while your A loop continues to play? If so, this is actually possible without having to erase your B loop first. With A playing, and B stopped, you can press (not hold) the Layer footswitch (the one labelled "Hold For Looper") to do a "Retake" of your most recently-recorded loop track, which would be your B track. So with B stopped, you can press that Layer footswtich and begin re-recording a new loop into the B loop without ever stopping A. Just some food for thought, in case you didn't know that was available. Cheers!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.