Midas M32 Edit Channel Gain Settings

1. #1 by Philip Angell on 07-12-2018

Midas M32 Edit Channel Gain Settings

Iím transitioning from our Midas MR18 to a M32c. Itís been very smooth with some key help from Paul and a few people on this forum.

I have two odd issues, one I need to research more in the bug thread. When Iím in M32 Edit the pop up windows (like to ask you to connect to the M32) are messed up. The first two lines are like overlapped and unreadable. Luckily I know what they are asking. Itís fine in demo mode, just not when Iím connected to the M32c. I am on a Windows 10 pc.

The second thing is that I set the channel gains and save the scenes and when I recall them, they are always back to 0. All the other settings seem fine. The gain settings donít seem like they are being retained in the scene. I canít imagine this is by design. Am I doing something wrong?

Philip

Last edited by Philip Angell; 07-12-2018 at 09:03 AM.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 07-12-2018
    Hi Philip,

Glad to hear that the transition is going well. With regards to your first question, go to the M32-Edit.exe file, right click, Properties, Compatibility and select Run this program in Compatibility mode. I had to do that with the X32-Edit at our church (for the same reason).

For the recall of scene, I would suggest you upload your scene so that we can have a look. Here are the instructions

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Philip Angell on 07-12-2018
    Paul, I should just have to select the Save icon, choose select all, choose the location and name, and then it should save the gain levels? There is no other way to save?
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 07-12-2018
    - Philip Angell wrote View Post
    Paul, I should just have to select the Save icon, choose select all, choose the location and name, and then it should save the gain levels? There is no other way to save?
    In M32-Edit, you can also select the Scenes button, which will take you to the cues/scenes/snippets screens. The set (cues/scenes/snippets) on the left is what is on your computer. The set on the right is what is on the console. If you select the left scene screen, you can save as well as import and export the scene file.

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Philip Angell on 07-12-2018
    So is the way I am saving the scene, the M Air Edit way, causing this? Should I be saving differently?
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 07-12-2018
    So is the way I am saving the scene, the M Air Edit way, causing this? Should I be saving differently?
    Probably. I never use the Save on the main screen.

Paul Vannatto
  7. #7 by Philip Angell on 07-12-2018
    Paul, you are a genius! I saved the scene under the Cue option instead and it seems to have retained the gain settings. I wonder if my issue was unique or if thatís a bug in that main screen Save icon.
  8. #8 by Paul Vannatto on 07-12-2018
    I wonder if my issue was unique or if thatís a bug in that main screen Save icon.
    I don't know the answer to that until I see the scene file that was saved from that main screen Save button.

Paul Vannatto
  9. #9 by Philip Angell on 07-12-2018
    Paul,

Here are two scene files. One is just the main page Save Button. The other is the Cue Button then Save. I thought it might help you to see both. The Save button is consistently not saving the gain settings. I also noticed its not saving the images that appear on the upper left when you select a channel (like the mic, drum, guitar, etc.). Not important in the grand scheme of things but another difference I noticed.

Everything else seems to reload fine.

I did notice that when you load a scene, one of the last things to be loaded is the gain settings. So I just wonder if they are at the end of the file layout and maybe being truncated when its saved. Just a thought.

Philip
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #10 by Paul Vannatto on 07-12-2018
    Hi Philip,

I used the compare tool of X32 Scene Parser with "Idyll Minds Cue Then Save.scn" as the primary file and the "Idyll Minds Save Button.scn" as the secondary file, and discovered 59 differences. 35 are related to the channel strip settings, 5 related to the bus settings, 2 related to DCA settings, and 16 related to the headamps settings (gains on headamps 32-47). The headamp gains are for AES50 A1-16 (headamps starts with 0-31 for Local 1-32). Looking at these results, I would strongly suggest using the cues/scenes/snippets screen. I will forward these scenes and comparison to the developers to have a look.

Paul Vannatto