X32 and S16 firmware downgrade

1. #1 by Giovanni Gislimberti on 07-10-2018

X32 and S16 firmware downgrade

Hi,
    is it possible to downgrade X32 from firmware 3.08 to 3.07 and S16 from firmware 2.3 to 2.2?

We're having different issues after the upgrade.

Thanks, best regards
    G.G.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 07-10-2018
    Hi Giovanni,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can downgrade firmware on the X32 (done it many times, especially when beta testing new firmware). I'm not sure about the S16, since I've not done it. Upgrade was no issue. At our church we have the latest firmware for both (3.08 and 2.3) and don't have any issues. What issues are you having?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Giovanni Gislimberti on 07-10-2018
    Hi Paul and thanks for your reply!

We're experiencing strange problems that we've never had before updating to the last firmwares.

Channels do feed L but not R on the main mix; reboot X32; everything ok.
    Mix correctly patched on outputs doesn't play; reboot X32; everything ok.
    S16 outputs "read" the wrong 8channel bank; reboot S16; everything ok.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 07-11-2018
    Hi Giovanni,

I just checked the X32 and S16 product, downloads pages and both firmwares (older and newer) are available. I also checked the S16 2.3 release notes and realized that it only included the update to use the new DN9630 recording box. So I have not updated our S16 with that version (since the DN9630 hadn't been available until just recently in North America). I would suggest you downgrade the S16 first, since 3.08 seems to be stable for most of us using it.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator