Different guitar volumes per preset

1. #1 by Rodden Dsouza on 07-06-2018

Different guitar volumes per preset

Hi,

I recently bought the TC Helicon Play Acoustic and after going through all the settings had a question:

I would like to have different guitar volumes for each preset as I play with plectrum, finger-style and use different guitars.

The only option I came across was "MAKEUP GAIN" IN THE "BODYREZ COMPRESSOR 7/7" page.

This is not an actual volume control but a compressor gain and does not give the desired result.

Can you please tell me of a way to get this done. If there isnt an option, do you intend to release a firmware update to fix this.

Does the TC PLAY ELECTRIC also have the same problem?

Rodden Dsouza
  2. #2 by Marty Cansler on 07-07-2018
    Hi Rodden,
    Your answer to your question is the only area of the preset that I know of that allows volume changes to be saved per preset. You could try a foot pedal (like the switch 3) which would allow you to use the guitar boost for the times you are fingerpicking - which is what I do.

When I change guitars, I also need to go into the gain setting for guitar input as well as adjust the guitar output - which is not saved per preset. The only other option is to use another device prior to you Play Acoustic which has a boost button and allow two instrument inputs with two different volume adjustments. I think maybe a https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...oaAlO8EALw_wcB

This is all I can offer as suggestions.
  3. #3 by Rodden Dsouza on 07-08-2018

individual volumes per preset

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your reply. I considered a volume control and footswitch but this is just additional hardware I have to carry around which I don't want to do.

Rodden