Win 10 update UMC404 videos stopping intermittently.

1. #31 by Pat Walsh on 07-23-2018
    - Mark Stevens wrote View Post
    Pat that is awesome you found the resolution. That makes 2 of us (although separate issues) finding fixes this weekend.

I was going to ask you if your video card had audio (my AMD Radeon does) because mine does and I have to disable it every time I update the drivers cause it takes the audio system over. Annoying as hell!
    It's been a headache, but I'm glad I got a fix and didn't have to blame the interface itself. It's a nice little box.

Video card drivers always throw the HDMI audio drivers in the install by default, I've just learned to uncheck it before it installs. Can't say I ever had a problem having them installed, though . My fix wasn't anything to do with those video card audio drivers. It was a power saving feature that was spiking my CPU when it was under a lot of stress.
  2. #32 by Ken Mitchell on 07-23-2018
    Congrats!

Wow, NVIDIA is becoming somewhat of a 4 letter word in the audio world.

Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
  3. #33 by Pat Walsh on 07-23-2018
    - Ken Mitchell wrote View Post
    Congrats!

Wow, NVIDIA is becoming somewhat of a 4 letter word in the audio world.

Ken
    You got that right!
  4. #34 by Nathan Roberts on 07-27-2018
    - Mark Stevens wrote View Post
    1. Asio4all works without a hitch but I do not want to use it, rather want to use the performance of your driver.

Mark
    This is what I ended up doing. I simply do not have the time or energy to find and fix whatever specific thing is wrong with my system. I'll continue to try out new drivers but for now i'll deal with the asio4all latency.