XLR outputs in Routing page disappeared

1. #1 by Fagner ten Hove on 06-26-2018

XLR outputs in Routing page disappeared

Hello,
    Last week I tried to rout my xlr outputs on m32c via behringer sd8 and s16. First the daisychaining (connecting m32c AES50 A-> AES50 A Behringer S16 -> Behringer S16 AES50 B -> Behringer S8 AES50 A) Didn't work anymore, so I tried connecting via the a and b port. This worked. But now in the routing plan I'm missing my XLR outputs. There is nothing to select on that page. I Will attach two photos: one without the mixer connected to the computer and the correct routerpage, the other one with the mixer connectected and the missing page.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Kind regards,
    Fagner ten Hove
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2 by Gary Higgins on 06-26-2018
    - Fagner ten Hove wrote View Post
    Hello,
    Last week I tried to rout my xlr outputs on m32c via behringer sd8 and s16. First the daisychaining (connecting m32c AES50 A-> AES50 A Behringer S16 -> Behringer S16 AES50 B -> Behringer S8 AES50 A) Didn't work anymore, so I tried connecting via the a and b port. This worked. But now in the routing plan I'm missing my XLR outputs. There is nothing to select on that page. I Will attach two photos: one without the mixer connected to the computer and the correct routerpage, the other one with the mixer connectected and the missing page.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Kind regards,
    Fagner ten Hove

You had your routing connections right, M32 A<>A S16 B<>A SD8. You could use the B port on the M32C but the stage boxes have to be out B in A due to shifting of input banks. You need to set the SD8 switch on the side to whatever output group you wanted. Then routing of outputs is done on the aes50A (or B if using B) out 1-8,9-16 or 17-24 section. The reason you see no xlr outs is the M32C has none of its own to set. That menu is just for the local xlr out routing on a given mixer. The same is true for the Core.
  3. #3 by Fagner ten Hove on 06-26-2018
    Ok, I'm going to try the original configuration. Now with the switch set on 9-16 out. Keep you posted.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 06-26-2018
    Hi Fagner,

Welcome to the forum. The Routing, XLR Out screen is to assign banks of 4 to the physical XLR outputs on the back of the X32/M32. But the M32C does not have any XLR outputs. The screenshot you provided showing outputs was probably taken when you were not connected to the M32C, whereas the other screenshot showing them missing was taken after you connected. If you want to send outputs to the stageboxes (S16 and SD8), you will have to do it on the AES50 screen, not the XLR Out screen.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Fagner ten Hove on 06-26-2018
    Hi Paul,
    Correct me if I'm wrong: I've adjusted the outputs in the AES50 A/B section. Under AES50-A I've selected 1-9 and under AES50-B I've selected 9-16. I didn't do the daisychaining. My S16 is connected to A and my Sd8 is connected to B. This evening I'm back in the studio to try it all.

I'll upload a screenshot of the situation above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 06-26-2018
    Hi Paul,
    Correct me if I'm wrong:
    I will be more than happy to

That screen that you made a screenshot is for the AES50 outputs. So what you have done is feed what is coming in from the AES50 A 1-8 back out to its outputs. Same with the AES50 B. That is probably not what you want. Typically it is setup to assign the mixbus and Main LR outputs to individual outputs on the Outputs 1-16 screen, then assign those (in banks of 8) to the AES50 outputs.

Regarding which AES50 outputs are to be used, it all depends on what mode the S16 is in (factory default is mode 1 - see wiki). The SD8 has a switch on the side near the AES50 ports to switch between outputs 1-8, 9-16, 17-24.

I would suggest you attach your scene file so that we can see what you have and better advise. Here are the instructions.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator