TC Helicon Play Acoustic hangs and a loud buzzing sound

1. #1 by Alex Briggs on 06-25-2018

TC Helicon Play Acoustic hangs and a loud buzzing sound

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could help with a couple of issues that I am facing.

First - When I connect my headphone to the headphone jack or the DI output to the speaker I get a loud buzzing sound. I don't hear my guitar that is connected to the input at all. Tried setting Aux to Main Out to Off but that didn't help.

Second - When I go the setup menu and try to change the Mic setting to certain values the pedal hangs and stops responding. The pedal is responsive when I select 'Dynamic Mic' or 'USB' as the input. If I set it to any of the other mic settings (Condenser, MP-75, e835 FX) the pedal hangs and stops responding to any button presses. Nothing works till I power off and on. Please note that I dont have any mic connected to the pedal.

Here is a link to an audio file that will give you an idea of the sound that I hear. https://instaud.io/2mhr

If anyone could help me out with this it would be great.

Thanks,
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 07-30-2018
    Hey Alex,
    These unfortunately do not sound like issues I can help you solve through forum posts. Please get in contact with our support team, they'll be able to help you troubleshoot or discuss repairs if necessary. Good luck!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.