M32R Talkback Dimming

1. #11 by Paul Vannatto on 06-27-2018
    Hi John,

Yes I just got word that it is functioning as designed - and according to the description in the manual (and wiki). Evidently there seems to have been some confusion as to the interpretation of what the talkback dim actually did, resulting in comments in instructional videos, etc. without the verification of actual functionality. I've never questioned or looked into this, simply because I don't use the talkback feature. If there is a problem on stage, I go there.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  2. #12 by Paul Vannatto on 06-27-2018
    Hey John,

Robert and I are trying to find out if it is possible to implement this feature in a future firmware update. Stay tuned...

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  3. #13 by John Van Pelt on 06-28-2018

Thanks again!

That would be awesome. Thanks for hitting them up.

In the meantime, they need to put disclaimers in those youtube videos. They are very misleading and a main factor we chose this board over another.

For them to have repeated the claim in the ..latest video, years after the first mistake is bad. I'm more surprised that the guys who did the videos, especially the Midas one didn't know the console well enough themselves, to know this wasn't correct.
  4. #14 by Robert Lofgren on 06-28-2018
    Im considered an expert on the x32 and even I was wrong about this feature . This just show that you still learn something new every day...

- John Van Pelt wrote View Post
    I'm more surprised that the guys who did the videos, especially the Midas one didn't know the console well enough themselves, to know this wasn't correct.

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren