TouchOSC Help for M32R

1. #1 by John Van Pelt on 06-20-2018

TouchOSC Help for M32R

Since solo states apparently can't be saved in snippets, I guess I need to use OSCTouch instead of MIDI commands to solve my problem for controlling talkback remotely. I need to keep all of the capabilities of the M32-Mix (on iPad) OUT of the hands of my people. They just need Solo and Talkback. Anything else could be dangerous . And ONE button press would be awesome, instead of hitting solo, then choosing destinations, then pressing talk. It's a fast paced environment.

I have the OCS manual for X32 and have found the commands I think I need, but I'm a "code newbie" and am having trouble with syntax.

I need to have multiple buttons in TouchOSC setup to solo a single channel OR multiple channels (1-16) for operator listen and invoke Talkback A to talk to selected buses, ie Skype fed from mix bus 4, the phone from bus 5, an on-air talent earpiece on bus 2, etc.

Some buttons need 6 channels solo'd and 6 TB destinations.

The goal is for NON-latching talkback and hopefully a solo release upon button release. Press and hold to hear and talk, release to clear solo and talkback.

(I think I can do it all with snippets, using midi to select the snippet, including the different bus sends and talkback destinations, and OSC to invoke TB, but the team really wants to use solos and the monitor outs on the board, instead of routing the listen feed to an aux out)

IF this is too hard, then do I invoke TB ON by sending just this string: /config/talk/enable ON from the button? AND can it send both that OSC command and a MIDI command with one button press, like TouchOSC Editor will let me set up?

I appreciate any help. This board is beautiful and this will be very cool to get going.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 06-20-2018
    Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. Your first statement "Since solo states apparently can't be saved in snippets" is actually incorrect. If you mean it is not possible using the snippet GUI (graphic user interface) in the M32 console or M32-Edit, yes that is correct. That is because those GUI's are not very granular and do not include all possible settings that can be saved in a snippet. To save settings, such as solos, TB, etc. you need to use external tools such as a text editor (eg. Notepad++) or Scene Parser. The latter was developed specifically for such a scenario as you describe. It takes a known good scene with the desired settings, parses out specific sections using various filters, then fine tune using standard editing and custom tools to make the snippet function exactly as required, no more, no less.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by John Van Pelt on 06-21-2018

Thanks!

I really appreciate this. I'm testing my copy and paste abilities to make something work now!
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 06-21-2018
    Hi John,

I did a bit of research using Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol and the OSC command you want to add to the snippet is
    /-stat/solosw/[id]
    (see page 62)
    So if you want to turn on channel 15 solo, the snippet command would be
    /-stat/solosw/13 ON

The talkback (on/off) command is just below it (/-stat/talk/[A..B]

If you are making a snippet using a text editor, don't forget the header line, such as this:
    #2.7# "Solo A" 0 0 0 0 1

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by John Van Pelt on 06-22-2018

Thanks!

I'll mess with this over the weekend!