Loops not always starting on beat 1.

1. #1 by Allan Slade on 06-19-2018

Loops not always starting on beat 1.

I have a few loops to kick in on different parts of the song. I find that they are not very accurate. They will start a little into the first bar. It usually happens when it is a fast song and I kick in and out for a quick break. It seems like they drift a bit. Is there a setting so they always start right on the first beat?

Thanks
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hey Allan,
    In the "Looper" menu, there's a parameter there called "Metronome Follows Playback". What do you have that set to? I believe this setting will help your issue, try playing with and without it and please report back

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Thomas Feldkamp on 2 Weeks Ago

Can't save "Metronome Follows Playback"

Hi Allen, hi Spencer.

I've got the same problem: Loop starts not always on beat one. If I choose "Metronome Follows Playback - On" it works fine. But I can't save this to the patch. Next time I visit my saved patch, the "Metronome Follows Playback" is Off.

What can I do?

Thanks
    - Thomas
  4. #4 by Allan Slade on 1 Week Ago
    I solved this by setting my metronome to “off” and my sync to “smart” .
    I only have troubles now if I put in a loop that is not a 4/4 beat, but I can usually work around that.
  5. #5 by Spencer Larsen on 6 Days Ago
    "If I choose "Metronome Follows Playback - On" it works fine. But I can't save this to the patch."

That's right, you can't! Looper changes are saved to their respective loop slots, not to presets :P So to save a change made to the looper, make your change (ie. editing the metronome behavior), then go into the looper screen, stop any loop playback, enter the "Util" menu, and press "Save". Loops and presets are saved independent of one another, although you can specify presets to open particular loop slots

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  6. #6 by Thomas Feldkamp on 5 Days Ago
    Ok, I will try it. Thank you very much, Spencer.