Remote harmony switching

1. #1 by Paul Davis on 06-17-2018

Remote harmony switching

I sing and play acoustic guitar on solo gigs, and would like to add harmonies, so am looking at the Harmony Singer 2 pedal box.
    Now, for some songs I need a single harmony "1 up", other songs "1 up & 1 down" etc any / all the possible 8 harmony variations.
    As the pedal is foot operated, this means I have to keep bending / squatting down to the floor between songs so set the best harmony for the next song - not very easy or professional.
    What I need is to have the harmony settings at mic stand level, and then a remote footswitch to turn the harmonies on and off during the song.
    What would be the most suitable product you have to achieve this?
    Sorry, but I don't know if this topic has been raised before - if it has, apologies for the repetition...!
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 07-18-2018
    Hey Paul,
    To me it sounds like the Perform-VG with a Switch-6 would suit you perfectly. The Perform-VG is mounted on a mic stand, has vocal harmonies, reverb, echo, and some guitar effects as well (like reverb, flanger, chorus, delay, etc.). With the addition of a Switch-6, you can toggle effects on and off with your feet, but also assign specific harmony voicings to each footswitch - this is something new that none of our other products can do. Here's a video of the VG explaining this in further detail. Thanks for your interest in our gear!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.