Mic Mute - Not ALL MUTE

1. #1 by Marcos Renato Rossi on 06-16-2018

Mic Mute - Not ALL MUTE

Hello, I'm a happy VL3X user and I have a question: is it possible to mute only the mic input in a live situation? I use a headworn microphone and, sometimes, is necessary to talk to the sound engineer. In order to do that I have to record something in the looping, than enter in the tuner mode (witch are set up for mute talking) in order to mute the mic.
    If its possible to assign a mic mute option to a switch on my foot6 pedal it will be great!!!

Can you help me???
  2. #2 by Freddiprice on 06-26-2018
    Here is what I do (which I got from another user here a while ago)

MIC mute:
    TRANSDUCER effect; you could use this to create a pseudo mute. If you set the transducer to ROUTING=OUTPUT, PRES GAIN=-20dB, POST-GAIN=-20db, THRESHOLD=0dB. You can then Map a Button to turn off/on Transducer

I map it to the button on my mic (I have the TCH MP-75), but you can map it to any map-able button. You can then make this the Global transducer setting in order to get it easily and quickly into your presets.
    Of course, this technique sacrifices your transducer effect to become the Mic Mute, but it is an acceptable work-around 90% of the time for me.
  3. #3 by Marcos Renato Rossi on 07-04-2018
    - Freddiprice wrote View Post
    Here is what I do (which I got from another user here a while ago)

MIC mute:
    TRANSDUCER effect; you could use this to create a pseudo mute. If you set the transducer to ROUTING=OUTPUT, PRES GAIN=-20dB, POST-GAIN=-20db, THRESHOLD=0dB. You can then Map a Button to turn off/on Transducer

I map it to the button on my mic (I have the TCH MP-75), but you can map it to any map-able button. You can then make this the Global transducer setting in order to get it easily and quickly into your presets.
    Of course, this technique sacrifices your transducer effect to become the Mic Mute, but it is an acceptable work-around 90% of the time for me.
    Hey man! Thanks for the answer... I've already think about do something like you said, but your input with all configs is so useful... thanks a lot!!