How can I turn off the microphone?

1. #1 by John Browns on 06-15-2018

How can I turn off the microphone?

Thank you very much for the opportunity to ask a question.
    What I don't get is, how can I turn off the microphone (Condenser Mic) in an appropriate and the easy way? The point is that I'd like to hear the music over the loudspeakers, without a microphone on.
    I have, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack Effects Processor
    https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categorie...E-RACK/p/P0CMF
    (TC-Helicon, It's my only Audio Interface).
    I would be grateful for an answer from you on this issue. I'm sorry, I don't understand these things, so please clear and simply explanation. Thank you very much.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 07-18-2018
    Hey John,
    Other than physically unplugging the XLR input to the Rack, I think a good way to silence the mic would be to create a preset which does that. Within this preset you can essentially craft one of the effects to act as a microphone mute/unmute button. For an example let's use the Reverb effect... hold the "Reverb" touch button to start editing the reverb effect, then set the "Level" all the way down to "Off", and also scroll down to the bottom of the editing screen to change the "Lead Level" also down to "Off". Now, when you enable the reverb effect, the reverb's level and the lead level are both "Off" so turning on reverb will effectively mute your microphone! You can do this same thing with another effect if you're using Reverb, but that's the general idea, just turn the levels all the way down.
    Apologies there's no super-easy way to mute the mic, but this is a vocal processor so it wasn't really designed to be used without an active mic input. At least it's possible with a little tweaking though, cheers

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.