Routing Computer Audio Through M32 board

1. #1 by Mike Kokott on 06-14-2018

Routing Computer Audio Through M32 board

Still getting used to this board (if you have read my other posts you already know this), and routing is still a mystery...I look forward to that Aha! moment when I understand WHY this board routes the way that it does...but am relatively happy that I can record on my DAW and play it back.

I am connected to my computer via USB, and prior to tweaking some routing settings, I received audio (YouTube, CD's, etc) from my computer via Aux 1 and Aux 2 inputs...don't know WHY mind you, but was happy I could hear it. Post tweaking I must have re-routed something because I can no longer hear audio from my computer when attempting to run it through the board.

I checked that my computer is set up correctly to route its audio through Klark-Teknik DN 32-USB. Strangely enough, when I choose "Aux In USB" for the input section, I cannot SOLO USB L or R..the SOLO button will not light up. In my mind, the signal should be coming in through USB L and USB R....?

Trying to listen through headphones/monitor....any ideas on how can I route the sound from my computer through the board?

Thanks,

Mike
  2. #2 by Craig Fowler on 06-14-2018
    The console has 8x Aux channels. Normally aux1-6 are fed from the TRS inputs on the rear of the console, and Aux7+8 are fed from the USB 2-track, which on the M32R is the USB-A socket located front and centre on the front of the console next to the screen (NOT the expansion card on the rear of the console.) This aux7+8 is what the console wall call USB-L and USB-R. If you don't a USB stick plugged into that USB-A socket with a few wave files, that could be why you can't solo it.

Signals coming into the console via the expansion socket (which for you might be USB, but for others could easily be Dante\MADI\ADAT) are referred to in the console's routing table as "CrdInXX."

If you go Routing>Home (or Input, if using Edit) and set AuxIn Remap to Card1-2, that will mean that instead of the first 2 aux channels being fed by the first to TRS auxin sockets on the rear of the console, they'll be fed by the first 2 signals coming into the expansion card from your DAW (which is normally your DAW's master bus.)
  3. #3 by Mike Kokott on 06-15-2018

Computer Audio continued

Hi Craig--

Your first paragraph produced an Aha! moment--aux 6 and 7, or USB L and R--correspond to the USB on the front of the board...a great tidbit of information, thank you!

In terms of your last paragraph, can I run my computer audio through the m32 without opening the DAW? I think I was able to prior to fiddling with some of the menus.

Unfortunately, even with opening the DAW, could not hear anything from the computer...last week this time I could!

Anything else that I might adjust?

Thanks,

Mike
  4. #4 by Mike Kokott on 06-15-2018

So...did a Factory Rst...

...I had tweaked many, many knobs and things were just not working right. So, I did a factory reset and now can get computer audio through Aux 1 and Aux 2! Thank you for your thoughts and time! Mike