USB Auto Play multiple files?

1. #1 by Ben Freedman on 06-13-2018

USB Auto Play multiple files?

Howdy...

Quick question.... Can the USB stick playback play multiple files one after each other?

If I want to play an hour of background music, can I drop 20 WAV files onto a USB stick and it'll play them consecutively?

....or do I need to mix those 20 files down to a single WAV file and play that?

Thanks!

Best,

Ben
  2. #2 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 06-13-2018
    Hello,

After starting playing the first file, the next one should follow automatically if I recall well.

-Patrick
  3. #3 by Paul Vannatto on 06-13-2018
    Hi Ben,

To play the wav files continuous, you need to set the Play mode to Folder on the console (USB Recorder, config screen). This option is not on any of the apps that I'm aware of (not on X32 Edit or Mixing Station - found out at a wedding I did sound for last weekend - oops).

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  4. #4 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 06-13-2018
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Ben,

To play the wav files continuous, you need to set the Play mode to Folder on the console (USB Recorder, config screen). This option is not on any of the apps that I'm aware of (not on X32 Edit or Mixing Station - found out at a wedding I did sound for last weekend - oops).
    Whaooo... Never noticed that. And I don't recall a setting in /-stat or /-usb to reflect that. In the X32USB app I wrote, I didn't notice a problem in jumping from one file to the next and I took it for granted it was the way the USB worked. The systems did this automagically. I'll check this out.

Thanks for the warning! (discovering new things on this desk every day!)

-Patrick
  5. #5 by Paul Vannatto on 06-14-2018
    Hi Patrick,

On the X32, the command is /config/tape/autoplay
    On the X-Air the command is /-prefs/playnext

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  6. #6 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 06-14-2018
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Patrick,

On the X32, the command is /config/tape/autoplay
    On the X-Air the command is /-prefs/playnext
    Ah yes... that command.. Goes back in time. Totally forgot about it.

-Patrick
  7. #7 by Paul Vannatto on 06-14-2018
    - Patrick-Gilles Maillot wrote View Post
    Ah yes... that command.. Goes back in time. Totally forgot about it.
    Its like the skunk said when the wind changed "It all comes back to me now"
    Actually I had just recently added that English equivalent command to Live Toolbox, which prompted me to remember.

Paul Vannatto