Digital optical input to XR12 mixer

1. #1 by Ricky Nguyen on 06-12-2018

Digital optical input to XR12 mixer

Hi,
    I am sorry, i am just a rookie. i bought a XR12 mixer, a Yamaha amp. and wireless mic and i try to hook up to using them for karaoke by using a youtube as a source audio out. How can i set them up to work? i did input my wireless mic to first channel input on a mixer and it works, but i try to get a sound from my samsung optical out into a mixer and because there was no optical in on a mixer, so i try to use a digital to analog converter by using 2 RCA mono to 1/4 TRS jack into a mixer but no sound. Are there any ways i can set them up? i really appreciated.

Last edited by Ricky Nguyen; 06-12-2018 at 07:05 AM.
  2. #2 by Richard YClark on 06-12-2018
    You need to use a two RCA to two mono jack lead into two inputs on the XR12 instead. All the inputs on the XR12 are mono. Trying to feed a double RCA to TRS stereo plug just cancels out the channels when fed into a mono balanced input socklet.
  3. #3 by Ricky Nguyen on 06-12-2018
    - Richard YClark wrote View Post
    You need to use a two RCA to two mono jack lead into two inputs on the XR12 instead. All the inputs on the XR12 are mono. Trying to feed a double RCA to TRS stereo plug just cancels out the channels when fed into a mono balanced input socklet.
    do you mean I need a two RCA to two 1/4 inch jack and plug into channels 2 & 3 on a mixer? Thanks.

Last edited by Ricky Nguyen; 06-12-2018 at 07:13 AM.
  4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 06-12-2018
    Yes, that is correct. However, for proper stereo linking you need to use odd/even pairs so put your stereo on 1/2 and mic on 3.

- Ricky Nguyen wrote View Post
    do you mean I need a two RCA to two 1/4 inch jack and plug into channels 2 & 3 on a mixer? Thanks.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Ricky Nguyen on 06-12-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    Yes, that is correct. However, for proper stereo linking you need to use odd/even pairs so put your stereo on 1/2 and mic on 3.
    Thanks,