How to connect iQ18B to iQ15 using XLR cables.

1. #1 by Rod Turner on 06-11-2018

How to connect iQ18B to iQ15 using XLR cables.

I just got my (2) iQ18B subs and want to connect to my pair of iQ15 using XLR mic cables. I知 not using the Ethernet at this time. I知 using the X32 Rack and will be using the left and right speaker outs. What is the best way to do this.

Thanks
    Rod
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 06-12-2018
    I知 not sure what you are asking, but you have in general two options.

* Connect each sub to its respective L & R main outputs (out 7/8?) and then link from each sub to the respective top. Make sure to set the crossovers preset to your setup.

* Connect each top to its respective L & R main outputs. Connect the sub to the M/C output set to e.g. out 6. Have the tops crossover go fullrange and set the subs crossover to match the tops. Send kick, floor tom (and possibly the rack toms as well), bass and keys to the m/c bus to taste. Don稚 forget the gates

I mostly do the second option as it gives me the flexibility I want.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Rod Turner on 06-12-2018
    Yeah I値l be connecting to iQ18B subs to (7/8) out puts and then using mic cable connecting to tops iQ15痴 the DSP in the iq15 set to iQ18B for subs and the iQ18B subs are set as iQ15 fo the tops crossover is automatically set by default I believe is this correct.

Thanks
    Rod
  4. #4 by John Fry on 07-06-2018

Iq-18b & iq15

Just bought this set up and love it. running all from my x32 compact through the p16-d . using channel 1-2 for my L/R MAINS ans channel 3/4 for my subs off the p16-d . ( I don't know if it matters what channel you come out if the p16-d as long as it's going to where it needs to go right . got the IQ 15 crossover set to the IQ 18B AND the IQ18 crossover set to the IQ 15 . so far everything is kicking great. Next week I get my M32 mixer with the DL32 stage-box . if therenis a better way to do this i'm all ears I would love any suggestions im still new at this stuff . Thanks