Is there something wrong with my XR 18?

1. #11 by Jeffrey Haley on 06-11-2018
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Jeffrey,

As Anthonie already mentioned, please attach your scene file here so we can all have a look and better advise. Otherwise, we are all "stabbing in the dark" for possible solutions.

Here are the instructions
    Thanks Paul, will do I am in Houston central time. I will do this 5pm central today.
  2. #12 by Kevin Kommit on 06-11-2018
    This is a very powerful mixer and the learning curve is a bit steep but its worth it in the end.

I think for now I would plan on uploading your scene file but I also want to see if I understand what the problem is you are having?
    I'm I correct that when you speak into vocal channel 1 it not only comes out of the mains but also out of Aux 1 but you can't get it to come out of any other aux bus? if that's the case if really seems that you have routed channel 1 to Aux 1 and once you have done that the sends will have no effect.

Most of the IEM setups have a mono/stereo switch so you can just put in one input and you hear it in both ears. I think 99% of people just run this way so you don't eat up all your buses and use a ton of cables. They only have one mouth singing into one microphone so you don't really need stereo, you just want it in both ears. For now I would keep it simple and unpair the buses.
  3. #13 by Kevin Kommit on 06-11-2018
    you're sure when you go to in/out and you look under Aux Out it is shown the way it is in this pic?

bus 1 should be assigned to Aux 1, not channel 1 assigned to aux 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #14 by Jeffrey Haley on 06-11-2018
    Kevin, It looks like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #15 by Craig Fowler on 06-11-2018
    You've patched direct outputs of single channels to the aux sockets. You need to scroll past the channels and the FX until you hit the buses.
  6. #16 by Jeffrey Haley on 06-11-2018
    Here is the saved scene please help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7. #17 by Paul Vannatto on 06-11-2018
    Hey Jeffrey,

Craig was right (as usual). Attached is the corrected scene file (with a few additional tweaks).
    Attached Files Attached Files

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  8. #18 by Kevin Kommit on 06-11-2018
    As a few of us suspected you have Chanel 1 routed to Aux 1 and ch 2 to Aux 2 and so on.

What you have done is routed channel one to aux 1 and now aux 1 is only playing channel 1 as you have told it to.

You want to have bus1 routed to Aux 1 and bus 2 routed to aux 2 etc. That way anything channels you send to bus 1 will get outputted from Aux 1.

Do you only use a tablet or do you also have access to a laptop? Sometimes I think it is easier to use the edit software to learn the mixer first and then use the tablets after you really understand the thing.

I often start out the night using my laptop because its easier to see an overview and set everything up and then after the band plays a few songs and I have it pretty close then I grab my tablet and walk around.

The pic I posted earlier shows the routing the way it should be. Make sure you understand about putting FX on FX so you don't make that mistake.
  9. #19 by Paul Vannatto on 06-11-2018
    - Kevin Kommit wrote View Post
    Make sure you understand about putting FX on FX so you don't make that mistake.
    Good catch Kevin (missed that).

Jeffrey, you have FX1 being sent to FX1. Select FX1 on the right side and pull the FX1 channel strip (beside the IPod) fader all the way down.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  10. #20 by Jeffrey Haley on 06-12-2018
    Thanks to all of you for your help! Thanks Kevin, Craig, Anthony, and Paul!
    I had rehearsal last night. Between work and rehearsal I was able to load a picture and then the scene. Craig chimed in about the pic. and that was an ah ha moment. I didn't even realize you could scroll past those aux routing I thought that was it. I feel like I am starting to get a handle on this mixer but realize I still have more to learn. I am going to be relentless and will not quit until I fully understand this unit. Another thing I realize is that I had to download the app onto my laptop and the whole thing makes a lot more sense now. The iPad will be for controlling the mixer at gigs I will do everything else via my laptop. If I understand this right, saving to a scene and show one saves to controller and the other to the mixer itself.