Need a sub for my Turbosound IX12

1. #1 by Trajan Toader on 06-07-2018

Need a sub for my Turbosound IX12

Hi.
    I have a pair of Turbosound IX12 and want to buy a sub.
    What would you recommend the IQ15B, IQ18B or the IP15B.

Mvh. Trajan Toader
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 06-07-2018
    I can only vouch for the iq15b and that one sounds great!

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Trajan Toader on 06-07-2018
    Is the IQ18B to big for the IX12 speakers ?
  4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 06-08-2018
    I have never tried the iq18b but I have been told that the iq15b has a bit more punch to it compared to the iq18b.

The size of the iq15b is perfect for my applications and I have been very happy with my purchase. I have used four of them (center cluster) with two iq12 outdoors and you could feel the belly shaking .

Ive also tested one single iq15b with two iq12 in a pub setting and I never lacked any bass/punch.

Btw, I almost always run the subs on a separate aux channel and the tops full range

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
  5. #5 by Robert Lofgren on 06-08-2018
    Oh, I forgot to tell that last weekend I ran six iq15b in a center cluster with two iq12 tops. I had to compensate for the huge bass in front of the stage by adding one iq8 as for a centerfill.

Those small iq8 still amazes me!

Robert Lofgren