Klarkteknik DN32-Dante gets recognized as X-Dante by Behringer

1. #1 by Pepijn Mesure on 06-07-2018

Klarkteknik DN32-Dante gets recognized as X-Dante by Behringer

Hi,

As i couldn't find any solutions online, i turn to you, Music Tribe members.

I have a M32 wich i fitted with a DN32-Dante expansion card by Klarkteknik.
    As i was getting to know Dante Controller, building networks in our venue, trying to get to the bottom of this wondrous world, I discovered the Dante Firmware Updater.

I downloaded the firmware for my expansion card but the updater can't seem to find my card.
    When i checked the device info via Dante Controller, he seemed to recognize my card as a X-Dante card, Brooklyn II by Behringer.

I can imagine that these two cards won't differ that much in parts or build, but i'd like to update

Thanks a lot for any advice
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 06-07-2018
    They should be otherwise identical. I dont know why it detect it as an x-dante though....

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 06-08-2018
    It sounds like a production misshap where somebody mounted the wrong Brooklyn-II module (the red credit card sized pcb) on your dn32-dante. They look identical

You can nevertheless overwrite the module with the DN32 firmware instead. The checkbox 'override device matching' has to be set for the (wrong) device to be listed for the update.

...or you can just leave it like it is since it wont affect normal operation.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator