Electro-harmonix B9 with Voice Live Touch

1. #1 by Ron Landry on 05-27-2018

Electro-harmonix B9 with Voice Live Touch

I would like to use my Electro-harmonix B9 with the Voice Live Touch 1. It's an organ synthisizer thru a guitar. Can I create loops with it if I connect it via the 'Guitar Thru' jack? If not, can I connect it first, then go to the Voice Live Touch? The manual 'suggests' that external boxes be connected after the VLT
    Thanks,
    Ron
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 06-27-2018
    Hey Ron,
    This is a really cool idea! The guitar "Thru" jack is a dry output from the Touch, so you could send that to your B9 and then to other pedals or your amp or whatever. The only downside to this is that you wouldn't be using the guitar effects in the Touch, as the Thru is a dry output.
    If you do want to use the guitar effects in Touch, I don't think putting the B9 in front of the Touch would actually be that detrimental. We suggest putting pedals after our units because it's easier to track a clean signal (our harmony algorithm needs to know the notes you're playing). The fact that the B9 is polyphonic and outputs a relatively consistent tone (as opposed to a delay pedal) I think it might actually work alright. This would of course take some experimentation on your part, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.