PSA Windows 10 Update Fix for microphone/Line In

1. #1 by Gabriel Rosales on 05-15-2018

PSA Windows 10 Update Fix for microphone/Line In

Like many people on the forums Windows 10 also broke my interface drivers/line in.

After reinstalling the drivers only the monitor/playback portion would work however the microphone/Line in would not work.

Solution: The update added new settings to privacy and by default sets the setting "Allow apps to access your microphone" to OFF. Simply search for "Microphone Privacy Settings" in the search bar (or navigate to systems settings) open it, and make sure "Allow apps to access your microphone" is set ON, and this hopefully resolves your issues like it did mine. My programs and windows now pick up my microphone as before.
  2. #2 by Klesk Reaver on 05-16-2018

Thank You

This is exactly what I was looking for, too bad I didn't think of Windows Privacy settings beforehand, I thought the Behringer USB driver for my mixer was no longer compatible, so I let Windows install its own driver instead, still didnt work, so thank you for this, fixed me right up.

Also the Windows update that changed the way Windows handles audio has been a pain in the butt for me, my default audio device had changed, and any program where you can specify an audio device was messed up (OBS, Discord, some Games) had to be set up again.

on the plus side its good to see Windows now having the feature to specify an audio device for any program even if the program doesn't directly support it.
  3. #3 by Gabriel Rosales on 05-27-2018

Me too

- Klesk Reaver wrote View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for, too bad I didn't think of Windows Privacy settings beforehand, I thought the Behringer USB driver for my mixer was no longer compatible, so I let Windows install its own driver instead, still didnt work, so thank you for this, fixed me right up.

Also the Windows update that changed the way Windows handles audio has been a pain in the butt for me, my default audio device had changed, and any program where you can specify an audio device was messed up (OBS, Discord, some Games) had to be set up again.

on the plus side its good to see Windows now having the feature to specify an audio device for any program even if the program doesn't directly support it.
    I had the same experience, I even contacted support thinking they needed to create new drivers. My interface used ot show up as "Usb Codec" now its a line in so something definitely changed but it works now so i'm ok with it. Glad I helped someone out.