Delay while using Reverb

1. #1 by Kevin Odekirk on 05-12-2018

Delay while using Reverb

I would love some help. I'm driving myself crazy.

Using any reverb, and any delay setting I am unable to turn the delay level all the way down using the level setting. I can turn it OFF entirely, by selecting the CONTROL setting and selecting off, but I cannot get just a really really subtle delay

If I turn the reverb unit off, the level setting within the Delay unit works as expected, all the way down to zero if desired. But, if there is a reverb unit running, it sounds as though the first instance of delay gets routed through the reverb unit regardless of the delay level being at zero. (interestingly the second/third/etc echos of delay appear to respond to the delay level.)

In practice this means one lone delay coming through, very wet with verb, even if the delay level is set at zero.

Is this just something of this unit?

Would LOVE you alls help!

Thanks!

Kevin
  2. #2 by Kevin Odekirk on 05-12-2018
    Just to clarify, this is with the VoiceLive Play.

Thanks!
  3. #3 by Kevin Odekirk on 06-03-2018

Anyone?

Can anyone either verify this is how their unit works? Or offer me some guidance if I'm missing something?

Thanks!
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 06-29-2018
    Hey Kevin,
    Are you using the latest firmware (build 70) for your VoiceLive Play? I just gave this a try on a unit here, reverb on (max level at 0dB and decay at 10ms), and the delay level works as expected - I can turn the delay level way down to where it's inaudible but not "Off" yet. So maybe what you're experiencing is a bug we already fixed? If you are indeed running build 70, could you please make a recording of this issue? As I haven't been able to replicate it here. Cheers!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.