UCA202 Windows 10 April 2018 update line in not working

1. #1 by Patrick O'Donnell on 05-11-2018

UCA202 Windows 10 April 2018 update line in not working

After the update the device is using a driver from microsoft version 10.0.17134.1. It will play audio but not recieve audio on the line in. I can record into a DAW using the ASIO4ALL but not the line in.

Anyone have a fix. We use this to record out to our live stream from our board.
  2. #2 by Mark Stevens on 05-11-2018
    - Patrick O'Donnell wrote View Post
    After the update the device is using a driver from microsoft version 10.0.17134.1. It will play audio but not recieve audio on the line in. I can record into a DAW using the ASIO4ALL but not the line in.

Anyone have a fix. We use this to record out to our live stream from our board.
    Try this.

1. Uninstall the Berhinger Drivers AND asio4all drivers.
    2. Reboot your PC
    3. Run windows update and get the update that fixes the April update stuff that got broken
    4. After the (I will call it may update) update is done and your PC is all rebooted, install the Behringer drivers and the Asio4all drivers and give it a try

Let us know if it worked.
  3. #3 by Nick Craig on 08-18-2018

Solution?

Has anyone found a solution for this issue the most recent Windows update has broken the drivers for my UCA 202 and XENYX X2442 USB. I can use them for playback with no problem but neither device can be accessed to record any audio or be using on VoIP applications like Skype.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 08-18-2018
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. Did you follow the instructions by Mark Stevens in his post above?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Mark Farrell on 08-18-2018
    - Nick Craig wrote View Post
    Has anyone found a solution for this issue the most recent Windows update has broken the drivers for my UCA 202 and XENYX X2442 USB. I can use them for playback with no problem but neither device can be accessed to record any audio or be using on VoIP applications like Skype.
    Along with what Paul suggested, one of the Win10 updates introduced some privacy/security settings which may have blocked your ability to record. Check to see if your update included this and it will likely be the 'microphone' setting which needs to be changed.
    https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/...ra-and-privacy