MR18 MIDI - challenge of controlling multiple (amp/mixer) with one foot controller

1. #1 by Ron Lohr on 05-10-2018

MR18 MIDI - challenge of controlling multiple (amp/mixer) with one foot controller

I'm part of a 2-man act where I play several different instruments which all have their own channel on the mixer. Additionally, I utilize a Kemper profiler amp which use a preset based on the instrument I'm playing. This means that every time I change an instrument, I must change my amp preset and the MR18 channel (mute one, unmute the other).

My dream is to hit one foot controller button and everything switches to the appropriate mixer channel and amp channel all in one stroke. Since I currently have to use a foot pedal to control my amp pedal and one to control the mixer, the one touch item would reduce my load by one foot controller. I really don't mind if i have to hit two buttons to achieve my goal, but really want it all to be on one controller if possible.

I currently have an old midi controller (Rocktron midi mate) which individually I can control my Kemper or, my mixer without any problems. Right now I'm simply hooking it up to the mixer and using the Kemper's foot pedal because when I hook them both up through the midi out/thru, weird things start happening (it basically is looking for the snapshot which really doesn't work in my scenario anyway...there is no unmute button to work with).

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can reduce all down to one foot controller? FYI, I'm open to getting another controller altogether. My problem is neither the MR18 nor the Kemper (at least with my knowledge) allow me to change the channel and they both are using channel one.
  2. #2 by Gary Higgins on 05-12-2018
    Behringer FCB1010 maybe...also alt chip programming available if you do a good search, besides the usual firmware...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...83e07404872b23
  3. #3 by Ron Lohr on 05-15-2018

Problem resolved - thanks!

Found a setting in my Kemper profiler amp which was set to omnichannel. Provided a channel not used by MR18 and everything played nicely.