WIndows 10 April 2018 update

1. #1 by Mark Stevens on 05-06-2018

WIndows 10 April 2018 update

This update blew up all my audio drivers on my PC.
    The UMC202HD stopped working, Asio4All stopped working and WinRT audio stopped working. Reinstalled everything and had issues with the 3.x drivers I was using for the 202HD. I uninstalled them when I found the newest drivers from march this year and they are working very well for me. The driver does not change the audio resolution in the Windows Sound Settings -> Device Properties --> Advanced to match the UMC driver. So you must make sure you manually change it to match the UMC driver otherwise you will have audio drop out and have to reset the device. I am pretty sure the 3.x driver changed the windows settings but the new driver 4.38 does not.
  2. #2 by Da-Yuan Tung on 06-30-2018

"UMC202HD 192k DFU" shows up "Other devicces" in Windows 10 after 2018 April update

Hi Mark,
    After you installed the new driver ver. 4.38, do you see DFU (Device Firmware Update I believe) shows up in device manager? I looked at ver 4.38 and it seems to be few month earlier than the driver Windows 10 is using.

Windows installed driver for UMC202HD with date of 4/11/2018, driver version at 10.0.17134.1, I believe it's not the vendor specific one.

I am wondering if I need to install 4.38 instead of the newer Windows default to pick up firmware update?

Thanks,
    Da-Yuan
  3. #3 by Mark Stevens on 06-30-2018
    - Da-Yuan Tung wrote View Post
    Hi Mark,
    After you installed the new driver ver. 4.38, do you see DFU (Device Firmware Update I believe) shows up in device manager? I looked at ver 4.38 and it seems to be few month earlier than the driver Windows 10 is using.

Windows installed driver for UMC202HD with date of 4/11/2018, driver version at 10.0.17134.1, I believe it's not the vendor specific one.

I am wondering if I need to install 4.38 instead of the newer Windows default to pick up firmware update?

Thanks,
    Da-Yuan
    Hi Da-Yuan,

What are you seeing is a generic driver from Windows but the UMC does report it's name to windows so it is misleading you. You need to install the 4.38 driver which is written for UMC and is an ASIO specialized driver. Works great!

Mark
  4. #4 by Da-Yuan Tung on 06-30-2018

Thanks! Driver 4.38 installed and so far so good...

Thanks much Mark,

I went ahead and install 4.38, no unconfigured device driver anymore and I quickly test with several simple apps and device properties, they all work fine. Appreciated your time!

Da-Yuan