Just Bought a brand new MR18, so... no daisy chaining?

1. #1 by Federico Canuti on 04-30-2018

Just Bought a brand new MR18, so... no daisy chaining?

That's pretty much it, this thing is fantastic and I'm starting to get a grip on it but, if I have two effects that I tipically would "insert" on a channel, I can't, how do you do that?

To be precise, the Leisure compressor (that I prefer to the normal compressor of the channel for this particular use) and the Deesser on the Voice.
  2. #2 by Craig Fowler on 04-30-2018
    You can't daisy-chain FX. Best you can do is insert the compressor across the channel, un-assign the channel from LR, run the channel into a bus, insert the de-esser across the bus, then run the bus into LR.

Alternatively, use the FX as send-returns as opposed to inserts: channel feeds the FX1 bus, FX1 set up as the compressor, FX1 return un-assigned from LR, FX1 return feeds FX2 bus, FX2 set up as the de-esser, FX2 return into LR.
  3. #3 by Federico Canuti on 05-02-2018
    Ok it looks like I have to study a little bit of the advanced routing.
    The result has to be simple , we should be able to control the level from the channel fader as usual as the others band member are not technical.

Or I should fiddle with very narrow band eq on the voice and avoid the deesser.