Duplicator has low volume on the doubling effect

1. #1 by azfatboy on 04-19-2018

Duplicator has low volume on the doubling effect

So long story short, I had a VL3 and wasn't using it, so I sold it to a fellow vocalist and bought a brand new Duplicator pedal instead. (the tone, de "essing", reverb, and doubling is all that I used).

Anyway, it works but I don't see a way to control the volume of the doubling effect. And right now the effect is so low that I can hardly tell that it is working at all. I want to be able to hear 2 distinct voices (especially if I have it on "loose") and right now, I can barely hear the second voice at all. On the VL3, even with the setting on "tight", I was able to clearly hear the second voice. In short, I want it to sound like the doubling effect on the VL3! What am I missing?
  2. #2 by VoiceLiveEditor on 04-19-2018
    Hi

The level of the Doubling voice is the same control that selects the Doubling Type; the more you turn the control the more the voice level; until you reach the next style then you control that styles volume.

page 3 of manual Control (1) Doubling.
    http://cdn-downloads.tc-helicon.com/...al-english.pdf

3. #3 by Spencer Larsen on 04-20-2018
    Hey azfatboy,
    VoiceLiveEditor is totally correct, the level is built into the style knob. You'll see the ring around that knob gets fatter towards the next style, its thickness is the doubling voice's level.
    HOWEVER I'm really glad you noticed this issue, and I think you're actually the first. The underlying code is busted, and you're absolutely right that the level of the doubling voice isn't at unison with your lead voice even when maxed out. We've known about this for a while now and are working on a fix, which is a huge improvement, but it's still being tested and tweaked by our man with the golden ears, aka Tom. When it's ready, probably within a week or two, it'll be uploaded to VoiceSupport for everyone to grab, and I'll also make another post in this thread to let you know the fix is available.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  4. #4 by azfatboy on 04-23-2018
    Spencer,

Thank you so much for this response.

I should've stated in my original post that, OF COURSE I tried playing with the levels, and that, even when maxed out, the volume of the doubling effect was VERY low. Knowing that you guys are tracking, and that a fix is imminent, is all I need to hear.

Also, I was a little dismayed as it appears that the Duplicator pedal does not support the button push of the MP-75 mic? It worked with my Mic Mechanic (v1), so I just assumed it would work with this pedal, but it ain't...
  5. #5 by Spencer Larsen on 05-02-2018
    No worries, I'll be sure to let you know when the build is available (hopefully next week).

Actually you can use your MP-75 with the Duplicator Here's a relevant excerpt from the manual:

Mic Control allows you to control the effect's on/off status via an MP-75 microphone. Press and hold the footswitch while powering up the unit to toggle Mic Control.
    Note that when using a condenser microphone, Mic Control should be disabled to prevent unwanted on/off switching.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
  6. #6 by azfatboy on 05-12-2018
    So Spencer, it's been longer than a week or two, and I haven't seen anything new pop up.

Would sure like an update on the new firmware ETA.

And that worked for the MP-75 mic. Thanks.

Last edited by azfatboy; 05-12-2018 at 08:26 AM.
  7. #7 by Nathan Conner on 05-18-2018
    - azfatboy wrote View Post
    So Spencer, it's been longer than a week or two, and I haven't seen anything new pop up.

Would sure like an update on the new firmware ETA.

And that worked for the MP-75 mic. Thanks.
    Any update? I just got my duplicator and it is VERY quiet...I am on the verge of sending it back.
  8. #8 by Nathan Conner on 05-25-2018
  9. #9 by Spencer Larsen on 05-30-2018
    Hey guys,
    Apologies for the delay. Internal operations here are preventing the Duplicator build from being released. So screw it, consider this a leak, a preview, no wait, you guys are beta testers now! Haha, the build has already been greatly tested and proven to be sounding way better, it just hasn't been released yet because they want to release it alongside other things that aren't ready yet. Anyways they're dragging their heels so here's the build for you guys to use early. Fight the power!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
  10. #10 by azfatboy on 06-05-2018
    Thanks! I will give this a try tonight!