Mic Mechanic Firmware request

1. #1 by Willie Smith on 04-09-2018

Mic Mechanic Firmware request

Hey there!
    I have used a Mic Mechanic for several years (Version 1 with the latest firmware update)
    I play professionally in a band setting with three mic mechanics, and I am a FOH engineer for my day job... where I patch in two mic mechanics on lead vocals.

It would take a little firmware to make this device absolutely stellar.

It would be amazing is if the delay was the only effect bypassed with the footswitch. ...or at the very least if the pitch correction would remain active when the delay and reverb are bypassed.

If the pitch correction and tone along with a plate reverb were always on and the delay could be bypassed with the switch, this would be the perfect live vocal processor.

As it is, when I bypass the delay the pitch correction is also bypassed. This makes it necessary to add effects to the chain later it f I want to leave the pitch correction on.

My humble thanks
    -W
  2. #2 by Willie Smith on 04-11-2018
    I also see that this same functionality has already been implemented in the duplicator.
    ....So that the reverb and pitch correction remain on, when the doubling effect is bypassed.

Please consider having the mic mechanic footswitch only switch off the delay, while leaving reverb and pitch correction active.
  3. #3 by Spencer Larsen on 06-08-2018
    Hey Willie,
    Thanks for the suggestion! As a bit of a spoiler, we actually are planning an update for the Mic Mechanic 2 to implement exactly this. I've logged this feature as a request for the original Mic Mechanic, but to be honest I'm doubtful that it'll happen. Not that it's not a good idea, but we've kind of stopped updating those original pedals and are just letting them be. Adding features to a 6 year old product is a little unlikely, but not impossible

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.