Any way to stop Expression Pedal from lowering harmony level?

1. #1 by Ryan Glant on 04-07-2018

Any way to stop Expression Pedal from lowering harmony level?

I have a wonderful new Nord Stage 3, and I have some synth sounds where I use the expression pedal to adjust settings realtime on my synth sounds for some sweet dynamics. The problem is that I also sing through the V-K with harmonies at the same time as I am playing the synth. The harmonies are being triggered through the MIDI function on the V-K (out from my keyboard). When I use the expression pedal or wheel, it alters the harmonies or shuts them off completely.

Is there any way to utilize the note function of the MIDI signal only, so that the pedal and wheel don't alter what I want from my harmonies?

Thanks,
    Ryan
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 04-13-2018
    Hey Ryan,
    Yeah there actually is! If you hold the Set button while you power on the Perform-VK, it'll still read MIDI note data but it should ignore all incoming CC's. This is a volatile setting though, so you'll have to hold Set each time you power on. Hope that works for ya

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Jose Guanaes on 04-18-2018
    I am having a problem with the VK performer and would like to know if it is a physical problem or software. When I press the Harmony button and turn the amount of harmony it blinks and this is normal, but when I stop, it would have to stop blinking, what happens and that at a certain moment it starts alone to increase the amount of harmony and always goes increasing. What would this defect be? I'm singing and suddenly it increases the amount of effect in the voices, I need a solution so that does not happen, when will a new firmware to try to heal this problem? Wait!!!
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 04-18-2018
    Hey Jose,
    Yeah that does sound like a physical problem. You can try a factory reset - hold "Harmony" and "Echo" while powering it on, then perform an update via VoiceSupport. However that behavior sounds like the encoder is misreading, so if the reset and update procedure doesn't do the trick, you should get in contact with our support team to discuss repairs. Good luck

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  5. #5 by Ryan Glant on 04-19-2018
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Hey Ryan,
    Yeah there actually is! If you hold the Set button while you power on the Perform-VK, it'll still read MIDI note data but it should ignore all incoming CC's. This is a volatile setting though, so you'll have to hold Set each time you power on. Hope that works for ya
    Worked like a charm!! Thanks!