Play Acoustic / windows 10 / USB recording to laptop woes.

1. #1 by Colin Joseph on 04-07-2018

Play Acoustic / windows 10 / USB recording to laptop woes.

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my play acoustic as an audio source for a laptop camera running windows 10 to record video with good sound quality.

I've set up the windows 10 drivers for the microphone to use the play acoustic in the sound tab. I've also got the USB out on the play acoustic set to maximum.

The problem I'm having is that the recording level is so low with USB out on the play acoustic that it is almost non existent.

The play acoustic seems fine as the headphone level is normal. (I assume you can use headphones and USB out at the same time?)

I have a realtek chipset/soundcard in the laptop.

Has anyone else had this low volume problem with windows 10?

Does anyone know of a solution??

I love the play acoustic, but this is very frustrating.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Colin
  2. #2 by Phillip Vautour on 04-10-2018
    I haven't tried using my Helicon as an audio Interface yet, but I can tell you that many of the interface manufacturers out there don't have their drivers sorted out yet for Windows 10.
    There are allot of angry posters out there on many of the Interface company forums to prove it.
    I had such a hard time trying to get it stable that I just downgraded to Windows 7 so I could get everything working again.

Hopefully that is not the case here as well.

Cheers,

Phillip
  3. #3 by Spencer Larsen on 06-08-2018
    Hey Colin,
    If possible, could you run another application parallel to whatever your camera is recording into? I'm thinking if your video recording software (whatever that may be) isn't getting a hot-enough level, maybe you could use an audio-centric program like Reaper to record audio alongside your video. With a DAW you'd be able to adjust gains easier and get your level up to snuff. Only issue would be syncing, maybe clap or snap at the start of your recordings. For context, I've been able to use our PlayAcoustic with Windows 10 as an audio device just fine, so I'm thinking there's something up with your software muffling the level down.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.