Connecting Perform VK to keyboard

1. #1 by April Martella on 04-02-2018

Connecting Perform VK to keyboard

Hello,
    I just purchased the Perform VK and I have a question.

I am trying to connect it to my yamaha moxf 6 keyboard, and am stuck.

So far, I have connected the L and R instrument outputs to my keyboard L and R A/D inputs.

The other 2 L and R outputs on the back of the Perform VK say to connect it to a mixer, which I don't have. The only other 2 L and R holes I have on the back of the keyboard are outputs that i use to connect the external speakers because the moxf 6 does not have built in speakers.

Is that where I am supposed to connect the VK? If so, how would I connect my speakers?

Thanks in advance.

PS I did just also send this question to tech support because I got a message that my forum membership was not approved, and then I saw that it was.
  2. #2 by VoiceLiveEditor on 04-03-2018
    Hi

You have options.

Connect Output from Keyboard to Inst Inputs of the VK; then connect VK Outputs to Mixer.
    (If you wish to control Harmonies via midi, then a midi cable from the Keyboard Midi Out to Midi In on the VK).

Connect Headphone Out of Keyboard to AUX in on the VK, connect Keyboard Outputs to channel x on mixer, connect Outputs of VK to mixer channel Y. ( Blend levels to suit). You will need to mute the aux input of the VK from the mix of the VK; or else you will have 2 keyboard audio sources in your mix, one from the keyboard and one from the VK via the aux in.
    (If you wish to control Harmonies via midi, then a midi cable from the Keyboard Midi Out to Midi In on the VK).

You can use the headphone out of the VK as your headphone jack. or if your mixer is near by use that in stead.

ps. If you have just got your VK, make sure you have updated the firmware to the latest; using voicesupport 2

3. #3 by April Martella on 04-03-2018
    Thank you, I will try the solutions you have suggested. In the first solution, did you mean to connect the VK outputs to my speakers or a mixer? I don’t have a mixer.

Also, how would I get the harmonies to work in my DAW? I have a Mac with GarageBand, and just connecting the VK to the computer via the USB cable provided in th box doesn’t control the harmonies.

Thanks so much!