VLTouch 2 - Footswitch Muting

1. #1 by Kasondra Rose on 04-02-2018

VLTouch 2 - Footswitch Muting

Hi all!

I just made the transition from my VLT 1st generation to the 2nd generation and I'm kind of freaking out as I've realized I can't trigger the mute function with my Footswitch 3. I've crafted a number of songs around that capability (to toggle between loops that will trigger at the start of a phrase) as I play guitar while singing and looping. I needs muh feets!! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kasondra
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 04-11-2018
    Hey Kasondra,
    By "Mute" function, so you mean a kind of "Stop all loops" command? You don't want to mute your own lead voice, right? If you maybe clarify a little bit please I can log it as a feature request, or possibly offer a workaround. Cheers!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Kasondra Rose on 04-12-2018
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Hey Kasondra,
    By "Mute" function, so you mean a kind of "Stop all loops" command? You don't want to mute your own lead voice, right? If you maybe clarify a little bit please I can log it as a feature request, or possibly offer a workaround. Cheers!
    I didn't explain myself very well. What I miss about my 1st gen VLT is the ability to move back AND forth between loop segments (rather than forward only) and have them start at the top of a phrase. Also, if I want to mute two loop segments at once, you can only do that with your hands. I broke down and bought the foot switch 6 to be able to mute loop segments with my feet, but you can't mute/unmute two at the same time with your feet. Is there any way to set loop segments to mute or unmute at the top of a phrase regardless of when you actually hit the loop segment buttons? Also, I'm disappointed that if I want to change the foot switch 6 defaults, I can no longer use the mute functions, so maybe this can be a feature request?

Regarding muting my lead voice, there is one song I'm trying to pull together that would benefit from having the Loop Input be all *but* vocal. I know I can just add a separate dry mic (not attached to the VLT2) to do it that way, but I'm trying to avoid complicating my setup further.

Thank you!