Prest questions for Perform V and VoiceSupport2

1. #1 by Rex Miller on 03-24-2018

Prest questions for Perform V and VoiceSupport2

Maybe I am missing something but the manual for the Perform V or VoiceSupport2 is not very clear when it comes to effects and presets and Hit and where the info is stored. Please correct me if I have it wrong or right. I understand there are 3 preloaded slots and one beamable slot each for Double, Reverb and Echo and each have four colors to select styles and levels (colors for the styles stated in the FAQ's on this website don't match what the manual states so I don't really don't know what the factory presets are to what color). I also understand that there are four beamable effects; Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone and uMod(not shown in IOS app) that can only be loaded into a preset 1,2 or 3 . This totals 7 effects.
    Question 1. When loading an effect from Voicesupport2 software or IOS app do effects from the reverb cloud folder automatically go to the beamable slot in Reverb and a Delay folder effect go to the Echo slot and a Double folder item go to the Double beamable slot?
    Question 2. I assume the other 4 effects Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone, and uMod only go to a Preset that has been chosen i.e. preset 1, 2 or 3. The manual states each preset can have up to 7 effects, what I want to know is how do you select up to 4 effects at one time to load into a preset. It seems a preset will only allow i single effect at a time unless you are using a pre-made genre' selected effect. Is there any way in the app or software to select multiple effects together to upload, i.e. say both the Hardtune and Harmony effects selected from the Harmony and Hardtune folders? I have only been able to select and upload one at a time, and it overwrites the other.
    Question 3. Am I correct in thinking you can load different effects in a preset (green light) vs different effects in a Hit (blue light) depending on what is selected?
    Question4. What do the tags represent in VoiceSupport2. (Manual sucks).
    Please help!
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 04-03-2018
    Hey Rex,
    I think I can help. Allow me to bomb through your questions...

"do effects from the reverb cloud folder automatically go to the beamable slot in Reverb and a Delay folder effect go to the Echo slot and a Double folder item go to the Double beamable slot?"
    Yes, effects that are native to the Perform-V are sent to their respective slot. Like the FAQ shows, the last style in each effect's style list is reserved for a received style. This style appears as light blue.

"the other 4 effects Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone, and uMod only go to a Preset that has been chosen"
    Yep that's correct! Whenever you're sending a preset to Perform-V, it goes to the current preset (unless you're doing something fancy in VoiceSupport).

"The manual states each preset can have up to 7 effects, what I want to know is how do you select up to 4 effects at one time to load into a preset. It seems a preset will only allow i single effect at a time unless you are using a pre-made genre' selected effect."
    Also correct, some pre-made presets will be using all 7 effects, but unfortunately you don't have the power to create these by combining single-effect presets. Realistically, the most complicated preset a user can create would have 4 effects - by using the 3 native effects with the addition of 1 beamed-over effect. Or you can use one of the pre-made presets with multiple effects and just edit it on the unit to your liking.

"Is there any way in the app or software to select multiple effects together to upload"
    Unfortunately no. The idea with Perform-V was to be simple and affordable. For that kind of preset crafting you'll need something more complicated like VoiceLive Play.

"Am I correct in thinking you can load different effects in a preset (green light) vs different effects in a Hit (blue light) depending on what is selected?"
    Yes, although we already kind of covered that. Effects native to the Perform-V go to their respective button. Non-native effects (Harmony, HardTune, Megaphone, and uMod) live in the preset's number button (1, 2, or 3). On that number button, blue means the effect is on, green means the effect is off. Page 24 of the manual actually covers this pretty well.

"What do the tags represent in VoiceSupport2."
    Those tags are just there for you, to help with managing your presets. They're entirely optional. On a 3-preset device like Perform-V they might not seem important, but if you're using a 500-preset VoiceLive 3 then they are very handy.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.