DN9620 What Fiber Cables can I use?

1. #1 by Allen Pendleton on 03-19-2018

DN9620 What Fiber Cables can I use?

I have the KT DN9620 units and have been using cat5e for the link between them. I have been getting drop outs even though I have the Behringer shielded cable on the reel. I was thinking of maybe going fiber but I need to know where to find the correct cable to run 150 feet between the units. Anyone have a suggestion?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 03-19-2018
    The dn9620 is built for using multi-mode fiber. I have a vauge memory about single-mode fiber didn’t work well.

There was talk about a single-mode kit about a year ago but I don’t know if it was made or not.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Allen Pendleton on 03-21-2018
    What I'm looking for someone that has actually used fiber and could tell me what actual cable they are using hopefully tactical grade.
  4. #4 by Allen Pendleton on 04-23-2018
    For anyone interested in running fiber it is very stable and I was able to purchase military grade fiber cable from a company that we have used in the past for cables in our server room. They will build any length you would like. 1-24 Fibers 50/125 OM3 Harsh Environment Military-Grade Tactical Fiber Optic Patch Cable
    https://www.fs.com/products/70402.html