Reverse Hit?

1. #1 by Karl Roessler on 03-02-2018

Reverse Hit?

Is there a way to make an effect turn "off" when "hit" is selected, or does that require using two presets?

For example, consider a song like "Pumped Up Kicks" - the verse vocal uses a transducer, like radio or megaphone, and the chorus needs harmony vox and no transducer.

Only way I could get something like that to work was with two adjacent presets, but that causes a vocal glitch when switching.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 03-08-2018
    Hey Karl,
    Unfortunately not on any of the Play series of pedals. Only VoiceLive 3 has the ability to choose between "Hit On" and "Hit Off".

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Misty Dake on 03-09-2018

My Solution...

- Karl Roessler wrote View Post
    Is there a way to make an effect turn "off" when "hit" is selected, or does that require using two presets?

For example, consider a song like "Pumped Up Kicks" - the verse vocal uses a transducer, like radio or megaphone, and the chorus needs harmony vox and no transducer.

Only way I could get something like that to work was with two adjacent presets, but that causes a vocal glitch when switching.
    You could always add a switch 3/6 or the MP-75/76 microphone to your setup to gain control over more effects at once.

The other option would be to set the chorus effects to on, and make your verse effects the HIT effects. You'd end up with harmony mixed in with the verse, but you could keep the "MIX" settings menu open and kill the harmony volume during the verses. This would allow you to switch without the glitch.